18-200 lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

haffendy

Mar 20, 2006
Hi to all the big bro!
Kindly advise me between tamron and sigma lens for 18-200. which is better? PLS HELP ME!!!!!!!!! thanks

haffendy said:
Hi to all the big bro!
Kindly advise me between tamron and sigma lens for 18-200. which is better? PLS HELP ME!!!!!!!!! thanks
Any adviser out there?

haffendy said:
Any adviser out there?
get the 18-70mm,cheap and good.
If you insist on the range then any of the 2 will do.

Not and adviser,only newbie

me have a 18-70 D70s kit lens. what is the differences or the pro sand cons between sigma and tamron 18-200?

I have the Tamron before and feels that it has a slight edge in build over the Sigma.
Also Tamron comes with 3 years warrenty.
In terms of picture quality both are neck to neck and don't expect too much on a super zoom.

haffendy said:
me have a 18-70 D70s kit lens. what is the differences or the pro sand cons between sigma and tamron 18-200?

I'm using a Sigma 18-200

the reason of choosing the Sigma over the Tamron is a build quality. Tamron has a plastic mounting while the Sigma has a metal one and Sigma feels rather Solid to me.

But Given a Choice...I would have taken the Nikkor 18-200mm VR ;)

I prefer the tamron. Image quality is slightly better than sigma and I like the feel..:D

Mmmm Tamron mount is not all plastic, it is a hybrid with metal inside and engineering plastic outside. Somehow I feel the mounting for Tamron is smoother.
Actually is is still better to go for the Nikon 18-200 if you are using Nikon camera.

Cikgu101 said:
I'm using a Sigma 18-200

the reason of choosing the Sigma over the Tamron is a build quality. Tamron has a plastic mounting while the Sigma has a metal one and Sigma feels rather Solid to me.

But Given a Choice...I would have taken the Nikkor 18-200mm VR ;)

haffendy said:
Hi to all the big bro!

None of them. Go for nikon 18-200mm VR :thumbsup:

haffendy said:
Hi to all the big bro!

whats your budget?

JL1500k said:
None of them. Go for nikon 18-200mm VR :thumbsup:

if he had the budget for the nikon VR, i don tthink he would be asking about the 3rd party alternatives..

jdredd said:
if he had the budget for the nikon VR, i don tthink he would be asking about the 3rd party alternatives..

If no budget then save enough then buy. You will never regret if go for nikon 18-200 VR. :thumbsup:

Otherwise bought the 3rd party lens end up sell sell sell ever waste money. :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.