18-200 canon

Sealth

Jan 13, 2015
Singapore
hi all, im looking to buy the 18-200 zoom lens by canon but was wondering if it suffers from zoom creep?

thanks for your help =)

hi all, im looking to buy the 18-200 zoom lens by canon but was wondering if it suffers from zoom creep?

thanks for your help =)

According to some of the reviews online... yes, it suffered from lens creep. But there is a simple method to solve this issue... the rubber band method.

zoom creep usually happen when you point your lens upward or downward, most consumer grade lenses have such issue.
it is not a big issue as we don't really pointing lens upward or downward during shooting, except for some....... may done this a lot during shooting in motor shows. ;)

Zoom creep is annoying (but not impossible to use) if you are taking long exposures or mounted on tripod/manual focusing at tilted angles, like shooting the moon or fireworks. The lock on the 18-200 only good for locking it at 18mm position. More useful for times of keeping than using.

icic thanks all

reason im asking is because i went on a holiday and i saw a person using the 18-200 and it zoom creeped pretty badly imo. like maybe 2/3 - 3/4 of the whole zoom range. well, it was pointing downwards. i guess that guy didnt lock it lol.

icic thanks all

reason im asking is because i went on a holiday and i saw a person using the 18-200 and it zoom creeped pretty badly imo. like maybe 2/3 - 3/4 of the whole zoom range. well, it was pointing downwards. i guess that guy didnt lock it lol.

The lens lock applies only when the lens is at 18mm; At all other positions you cannot "lock".