18-135mm or 50mm f1.8 II for holiday?

beebeeice

Aug 14, 2010
Serangoon
Hello guys. I am currently using a 550D with the 18-135mm kit lens. Intending to get the 50mm f1.8 II

I may be going to Korea/Japan this coming June. Need advise on which lens to bring.
Most probably just gonna enjoy myself there, shoot some things which catches my eye. Most probably the scenery, food, places, things etc..

Which lens would be a better choice? Thx in advance :D

Depends on your style... Bring both! But if you only want to bring one, bring the 18-135.

If weight and size is your concern and you can only bring one, then it's 18-135.

if in doubt, bring both! :D it's not that heavy!

i m a newbie to dslr........but i will advice u to bring the 2 lens (these are the 2 lens that i want to buy for a start)

Ahh.. Thanks for the input..

I totally forgot that the 50mm is practically non-existent (Weight) in comparison to the 18-135 XD

My friend brought a 50mm lens to an overseas trip.

He swiftly regretted it.

50mm is too narrow and not versatile enough.

Maybe its more of a "How u use the lens" issue

My friend brought a 50mm lens to an overseas trip.
He swiftly regretted it.
50mm is too narrow and not versatile enough.

The Field of View can be tested with any kit lens. No excuse for suddenly "too narrow or not versatile enough". Sounds rather like "Must buy 'cause many others also get it."

even on holiday.. i would bring a tripod, 24-70, fish-eye, 70-200, 85mm... hmmm spare batteries, filters, memory cards.. hmm what else...

the 18mm is good for landscapes, and 135mm is good for close up shots when you can't get closer... but the 50mm. mmm. very soon, you'll realize why it's good to bring it along. just like what Octarine said

Say one more thing. I not going to bring a tripod :D

:eek: you're gonna miss out on the wonderful nightscapes :(
Yeah I know.. But I am its kinda more of like a go there and enjoy thing. The pictures are just for memory.. XD
And my tripod sucks.