18-135 'lens not attached' problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hlkwee

Sep 23, 2006
Singapore
Hi fellow CSers. Pls advise if something is wrong with my lens. Occasionally the message comes on 'lens not attached' when powering up. After twisting the lens, everything comes back to normal. The lens is attached on a D40X. I have tried cleaning the contacts but it still happens. I was wondering if any 18-135 users are having this problem or is this something wrong with the circuitry. Would like to thank those who respond in advance. Best regards.

unmount and remount... make sure there is a "click" sound.

Tried that several times. Still same problem. Suspect lens as I bought it used.

Could it be a dirty contact?

Hi fellow CSers. Pls advise if something is wrong with my lens. Occasionally the message comes on 'lens not attached' when powering up. After twisting the lens, everything comes back to normal. The lens is attached on a D40X. I have tried cleaning the contacts but it still happens. I was wondering if any 18-135 users are having this problem or is this something wrong with the circuitry. Would like to thank those who respond in advance. Best regards.

once a while i do encounter such problem when using the 18-135. what i do is unmount and mount the lens back and it will work fine.. i have inform NSC abt it when i there to do a servicing last time.. they told me the contact "pin" is dirty and they got it clean.

Thanks for all who responded. I will probably bring it to NSC for an evaluation. Appreciate all the advices.

Status
Not open for further replies.