17-40mm on a 5D

Status
Not open for further replies.

de_stan

Apr 21, 2004
Just wondering if anyone can advice....5D being a FF camera, how would an image taken with a 17-40mm lens look on a 5D?

?!?!? images will look great if the photographer is good, and lousy if the photographer is bad.

Just wondering if anyone can advice....5D being a FF camera, how would an image taken with a 17-40mm lens look on a 5D?

At the wide end, images at the side appeared stretched/distorted.

I use it largely for scenery shots. For group shots, 28 or longer can still manage if I don't have a more suitable lens at hand.

Were you asking about what the photograph might look like, perspective/distortion wise, or were you asking about the IQ of this lens on a FF cam?

There's vignetting to worry about too but that can be fixed with PS.

What on earth are you talking about?

Being a FF is not a handicap.

The image will look exactly as the lens can deliver the image.

If you are thinking light fall off at the corner or vignetting at wide open, this is a problem film photographers had to deal with since day one. Nothing new.

17-40mm f/4 is film lens. Thus, it is a lenses for FF camera like the 5D. It was created during the film days, thus it is a bit soft for me in low light on digital SLR camera. But still harder than 16-35mm f/2.8 version 1. On a 5D, 17mm is truely 17mm ultra wide-angle lens. Good for big object in limited working space and small and tight interiors. As for the curvical distortion and perspective distortion ones needs to handle well to get great shoots.

?!?!? images will look great if the photographer is good, and lousy if the photographer is bad.

no man nooo, relax, maybe Ts is trying to say if there is any difference to a cropppped body.:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.