17-40l F/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duinchlfc

Aug 29, 2006
Sengkang
Hi guys,i was wondering on what kind of walk about lense to get.Since i'd be taking most of my pics with such a lense,i would like to invest in a good one and the above mentioned seems like a good choice.So any opinions of anything better or just go ahead and get that? I'm using 30D and am really starting to see the horrible flaws of the kit lense. Recently took a group photo of about 20 people and the corners were crazy soft....

You already have so many threads asking about what lens to buy... why start yet another 1?

is it wrong to ask? I just wish to get opinions of what lenses to get.I've ask regarding a low light lens and wedding lenses.No harm asking what walk about lense to get because these ain't cheap and money for me don't come easy.

Think you may get a healthy response if you post this within the Canon Forum.

It would be good to describe your lens need , budget and shooting preference so that ppl may offer more informed suggestions? street scenes, landscape, portraiture, architecture, night/day shooting etc.

From the title of your post, are you considering the 17-40?

You may also consider other L lens good for walk-around photog:
24-105 f4
24-70 f2.8
70-200 f2.8 (not IS- lighter)
70-200 f4

Think you may get a healthy response if you post this within the Canon Forum.

It would be good to describe your lens need , budget and shooting preference so that ppl may offer more informed suggestions? street scenes, landscape, portraiture, architecture, night/day shooting etc.

From the title of your post, are you considering the 17-40?

You may also consider other L lens good for walk-around photog:
24-105 f4
24-70 f2.8
70-200 f2.8 (not IS- lighter)
70-200 f4

Thanks for the hint to change in forum.

is it wrong to ask? I just wish to get opinions of what lenses to get.I've ask regarding a low light lens and wedding lenses.No harm asking what walk about lense to get because these ain't cheap and money for me don't come easy.

in the case of money no enuf... go third party lah. use rubber band for the red ring loh. :bsmilie:

best walk around lens... Sigma 30f1.4.

Some people like using the Olympus OM Zuiko primes as the corners are quite sharp (on some lenses) and they aren't too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.