160MP CAMERA. What the..

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeaaa but this is a CAMERA. haha.. you'll only need wideangles and crop everything from there..

Take a cheap consumer scanner at 2400 ppi and scan an A4 document = 558 MP camera.

Just mount a lens to your flatbed scanner. It works on the same principle. Which means... handheld shots may not be that feasible... ;p

it takes a full res shot in 1sec. it's still insane though. hahh

Thats damn cool! Very nice concept and idea. Wonder if it can be apply to other sensors in consumer camera? Like smaller res faster shutter.

Thats damn cool! Very nice concept and idea. Wonder if it can be apply to other sensors in consumer camera? Like smaller res faster shutter.

The idea isn't new - scanning backs have been used for ages. The novelty of this camera may lie in its compact size.

The 1s acquisition time is not the exposure time ("faster shutter"). It's the time the scanhead takes to travel across the picture projected by the lens.

i read somewhere, i think latest issue of some photography magazine

about something like a 360 paranomic camera also giving extremely high mgpx

i try to post it up later in the evening.

i read somewhere, i think latest issue of some photography magazine

about something like a 360 paranomic camera also giving extremely high mgpx

i try to post it up later in the evening.

The scanning back can be mounted on a roundshot right?

The idea isn't new - scanning backs have been used for ages. The novelty of this camera may lie in its compact size.

The 1s acquisition time is not the exposure time ("faster shutter"). It's the time the scanhead takes to travel across the picture projected by the lens.

Care to elaborate more and share some insight history?

this camera was announced in 2006... there have been a few threads on this here previously... ;p

A reminder that the highest resolution right now is still the GigaPxl camera.

http://www.gigapxl.org/

The scanning technology is not new, and taking an image requires about 30 seconds.

A reminder that the highest resolution right now is still the GigaPxl camera.

http://www.gigapxl.org/

The scanning technology is not new, and taking an image requires about 30 seconds.

was looking at the 16 gigapix picture of the last supper of some italian website... swee!! :bigeyes:

anyone tried attaching the scanner to a shoe box pinhole camera? can it work?

Har.. Then take one shot, change new harddrive ar? Travel on holidays carry a crate of harddrives..

It will be like shooting with Large Format cameras. Every shot you take, you change one 16GB CF card.

Shiok. Go everywhere carry one plastic bag of CF cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.