1600 slide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Que Lynn
how bad does the grain get? :dunno:

I have not personally tried, but Provia 400F has very fine grain to begin with, so it should not be so bad. I am told the natively high speed slides are grainier.

For me, I shoot anything that needs > ISO 400 and stuff like concerts, etc and everything which is to be done in available darkness on Press 800, optionally pushed 1 stop.

Regards
CK

Wait!!!! I've tried pushing the provia 400 to 1600. The results were terrible! The slides were grainy! I mean very grainy! :thumbsd:

Try it on your own risk! :devil:

Originally posted by scanner
Wait!!!! I've tried pushing the provia 400 to 1600. The results were terrible! The slides were grainy! I mean very grainy! :thumbsd:

Try it on your own risk! :devil:

Thanks. Think I'll get the real deal. The review says its ok. Any idea where to get it?

Originally posted by hoppinghippo
maddog: I think the correct link is here..

http://www.photographyreview.com/pscFilm/Slide,Film/Fuji,Provia,400F,(RHPIII)/PRD_84925_3118crx.aspx

And the reviews say its ok too anyway. I"ve got a question tho, when you push the film, do you tell the lab that you pushed the film or not? and can most labs handle pushed film?

You MUST tell the lab you pushed the film. So if you shot 400 at 1600, tell them to PUSH 2 stops. Otherwise, it will be developed at 400, giving you severely underexposed pics.

Regards
CK

Most lab charges additional price per stop for pushing film during developing. So if you have a 1600 neg in your pocket, don't push the ISO 400 slide film. You have to pay for pushing two stops during developing and the cost of film developing may exceed the price for developing a roll of 1600 neg. And finally, after going through the expensive process, the result may be poorer than the prints taken by an 1600 neg.

And of course, if you don't have an 1600 in your pocket...........

Originally posted by jasonpgc
Most lab charges additional price per stop for pushing film during developing. So if you have a 1600 neg in your pocket, don't push the ISO 400 slide film. You have to pay for pushing two stops during developing and the cost of film developing may exceed the price for developing a roll of 1600 neg. And finally, after going through the expensive process, the result may be poorer than the prints taken by an 1600 neg.

My experience has been that Press 800 pushed 1 stop is better than Superia XTRA 1600, so there goes. The native 1600 appears grainier under the same lighting conditions, same lab.

Regards
CK

I don't understand why Singapore dev coy charge customers for push/pull service.....if this happens in taiwan......the coy will be boycot by all.......

Originally posted by roti

I don't understand why Singapore dev coy charge customers for push/pull service.....if this happens in taiwan......the coy will be boycot by all.......

Well, in order to push/pull, they will need to suspend all operations on the machine, load your roll, do all the settings, and let the machine process your roll. And while this is happening, they cannot process other customer's film. In a way, it's a minor loss of time (=money) for them. So it's only fair that they charge.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Well, in order to push/pull, they will need to suspend all operations on the machine, load your roll, do all the settings, and let the machine process your roll. And while this is happening, they cannot process other customer's film. In a way, it's a minor loss of time (=money) for them. So it's only fair that they charge.

Regards
CK

but dont they get more sales if they do it for free??.....they will earn more money then......

My experience has been that Press 800 pushed 1 stop is better than Superia XTRA 1600, so there goes. The native 1600 appears grainier under the same lighting conditions, same lab.

Regards
CK

CK,

How much did color lab charge you for pushing Press 800 to 1600?

I've the following quote from Cp

Fuji Superia 800 135/36 @ S$5.20
Fuji Superia 1600 135/36 @ S$7.10

If the quality is better, I don't mind pushing the 800 flim :p

Well, unfortunately this is Singapore. Things like bottomline, revenue, etc matters most. :(

Regards
CK

aaaaiya.......so sad to be in a situation like this...:( :(

Originally posted by roti

aaaaiya.......so sad to be in a situation like this...:( :(

Well, if its any consolidation.................. the lab I go to here in Melbourne doesn't charge extra for push/pushing. However, they do charge A$33 for processing with a set of 4R prints.

CK,

How much did color lab charge you for pushing Press 800 to 1600?

I've the following quote from Cp

Fuji Superia 800 135/36 @ S$5.20
Fuji Superia 1600 135/36 @ S$7.10

If the quality is better, I don't mind pushing the 800 flim :p

Can't remember, as it has been a long time since I last needed to push. Think it's like $5 more.

Regards
CK

Can't remember, as it has been a long time since I last needed to push. Think it's like $5 more.

Regards
CK

Adelphi Colourlab charge $3 for pushing 1 stop
Standard processing fee at $3.50

Status
Not open for further replies.