1600/HIGH ISO for 40D

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkey

Apr 25, 2007
Hi all this question is open to all reading it,

I took a couple shots each in raw and did a very basic comparison (100% crop, all 3 side by side) of 3 pictures of the same shot with constant aperture, with ISO 1600, ISO 3200 and ISO 1600 (highlight tone priority) with the 40D. I compare them with each other, following which i simply use DPP to apply maximum NR for the 3 photos.

My general consensus is that while the 1600 produces rather clean images at 1600, 3200 ISO seems disastrous, also, 1600 ISO seems of little difference to 1600 (H). Possibly my tests weren't accurate enough. Even so, anyone with any comments/possible references as to what is the best MAX ISO to shoot at? 1600 (H) or 3200?

THANK YOU u PYTs

Ok right no body else figured this same issue as i did or what?

Ok right no body else figured this same issue as i did or what?
I got no idea what you mean actually, since they were shot with either different ISO or setting, the resulting image (image quality in this case) will of cos be different... :dunno:

Hi all this question is open to all reading it,

I took a couple shots each in raw and did a very basic comparison (100% crop, all 3 side by side) of 3 pictures of the same shot with constant aperture, with ISO 1600, ISO 3200 and ISO 1600 (highlight tone priority) with the 40D. I compare them with each other, following which i simply use DPP to apply maximum NR for the 3 photos.

My general consensus is that while the 1600 produces rather clean images at 1600, 3200 ISO seems disastrous, also, 1600 ISO seems of little difference to 1600 (H). Possibly my tests weren't accurate enough. Even so, anyone with any comments/possible references as to what is the best MAX ISO to shoot at? 1600 (H) or 3200?

THANK YOU u PYTs

What are you tryng to prove in the first place? :dunno:

It would be good if you posted actual images to support what you have to say. Besides, shouldn't this go under the Canon equipment thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.