16-35mm MK II (Good buy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, you have gotten your new toy :thumbsup:

And i believe u have already gotten the Leica? ;)

thx for the very good read. :thumbsup: makes me wonder everytime how in the world did west germany came out with such fine glass decades ago.... :think: simply outstanding!! can hold its ground till today, the new millenium. :bigeyes:

And i believe u have already gotten the Leica? ;)

thx for the very good read. :thumbsup: makes me wonder everytime how in the world did west germany came out with such all those fine glass decades ago.... :think: simply outstanding!! can hold its ground till today, the new millenium. :bigeyes:

Germany is the one of the leader in optics development ever since the 1900s. :) Is just that the Japanese (Nikon, Canon and Olympus) adopted some of these innovation and make them affordable to the masses.

I ever read an online article ( I dunno how true issit) stating that for every piece of glass made, lecia choose 1 to become a lens and for every 10 lens made, the best one pass the QC while the rest is melted down.

From the review, the 16-35 Mk II as an wide angle zoom lens, fare very well again the leica prime lens. Way to go Canon

I've been a regular follower of 16-9.net lens test and I usually find the test and results are most reliable, honest and most important of all, it's practical.

The results of new 16-35 MkII test really show that Canon has finally come up with a WINNER but again QC is another issue all together. Testing and luck still comes into play to get a good copy. Cathay Photo here I come.......:D

Hi Hacker, May I ask u how much u bought the 16-35 mk2 for and where? Thanks!

Hi Hacker, May I ask u how much u bought the 16-35 mk2 for and where? Thanks!

Fresh stocks are arriving from Japan tonight :). Will let you know the price.

Have been using it for almost 3 weeks now, and shooting with it for almost everyday, all I can say is that it did not failed my expectation. At $21XX (local warranty) it is really worth it.

Have been using it for almost 3 weeks now, and shooting with it for almost everyday, all I can say is that it did not failed my expectation. At $21XX (local warranty) it is really worth it.

wow.. using everyday.. so your 24-105 got shelved.. poor lens :bsmilie:

Haha...all 3 of my Ls are used daily! :) Although used the 70-200 a little lesser.

I like your job man!!! everyday can shoot shoot shoot :bigeyes: good justifications for L :sweat:

interested in getting one to replace my 17-40 on my 5d. how much diff or better does this lens make compared to a 17-40 which is almost half it's price. I know you get a new redesigned lens and faster aperature. It's not so crucial for me to have f2.8 because i use the 17-40 with flash all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.