16-35 mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankenneth

May 26, 2006
I was quoted 20XX include gst from a song brothers if paid in cash for that lens where other places i hunted offered 22XX to 23XX price. Heres the question is it safe to buy from song bros?

And how to really check if it not export but a local set?

I was quoted 20XX include gst from a song brothers if paid in cash for that lens where other places i hunted offered 22XX to 23XX price. Heres the question is it safe to buy from song bros?

Make sure is mark2 and have the warranty card. Warranty card should be issued by Canon Singapore.

alrite i keep a look out, any other thing i should look out for? i heard lens code must match warranty card too

song brothers....stay away....a shop with poor ethics and usually poor prices IMO. IF a shop tries to pass off a display set camera you tried just 10 mins ago in the shop as a new in box item, denies there were any display sets in the shop in the first place, uses a black fuji camera in place of the silver sony camera i tried in the cybershot display cabinet and even insists on the lie when pointed out that there are marks caused by screwing of the mini tripod for the display at the bottom of the silver camera, i say stay away.

alrite any more bad experience anyone care to share? such as lens? from them. btw it the one in funan

Make sure is mark2 and have the warranty card. Warranty card should be issued by Canon Singapore.

It will be easy to check for MarkII though ;) it house a 82mm instead of the old 77mm filter :lovegrin:

Someone actually asked one sales assistant how to change the aperture on a SLR, and the guy didn't know. The funniest thing is, he said "nevermind, we LEARN TOGETHER."

Someone actually asked one sales assistant how to change the aperture on a SLR, and the guy didn't know. The funniest thing is, he said "nevermind, we LEARN TOGETHER."

That is an interesting reply :bsmilie: add to Jack Neo's plot :bigeyes:

hw about good experience? anyone bought lens from them that has problems? i only want to know about the lens they sell reliable or not

IMHO just save yourself the worrying and trouble and buy from CP, AP Simlim or John 3:16.

hw about good experience? anyone bought lens from them that has problems? i only want to know about the lens they sell reliable or not

let's put it this way, u seem to be WANTING to hear only the gd stuff..

I have no experience with this shop, but after reading the above posts, it sure sounds bad...

If this is still insufficient to convince u otherwise, I say, go ahead and buy.
However, if u get ripped off/conned, do not complain, you have been warned...

Price quoted excludes GST?

Think he said includes. Maybe they were (gona try) pulling a fast one.

If you go back there again, they probably will tell you a different story. That what I expereinced before. :thumbsd:

the sales manager say call b4 i go dwn coz only thru him he will give 2100 for that lens

If you go back there again, they probably will tell you a different story. That what I expereinced before. :thumbsd:

hehs i know im smart i made him watch i wrote the price quote down behind his name card :bsmilie:

heres what im gonna do if i buy pls advise if i miss anything.
1. check for the correct model make sure its MK II nt MK I
2. check for fungus and scratches on the lens itself.
3. check for the warranty lens number is the same on the lens itself
4. Check all things are present inside the box.
5. Finally mount on the camera shooting with 2.8, 5.6 and 22

does this ensure that the lens r from a local n not defective?

Status
Not open for further replies.