16-35 mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I was in HK, I called Canon HK and they told me the International Warranty conversion does not apply to DSLRs so I got my Mklll with local HK warranty. Means nothing I know since I use it here in SG but the savings buying in HK were substantial. More than makes up for the service fee Canon SG charges should I need to send it in. And think about this, the warranty is only for a year and a camera like this is supposed to be tough.

Back to the 16-35 Mkll. Anyone has both the Mkl and Mkll and can verify that improvement and justify the upgrade?

Thanks!

Vernon: I've got the MK2 and it's by far the best wide I've used on the Canon - corner to corner sharpness /contrast has improved; they've also worked on the distortion; lastly it's a very usable lens at f2.8...I never shot anything wider than a f3.5-f4 on the mk I, but nowadays, it's f2.8 90% of the time.

Only downside is getting a 82mm filter, esp a slim cir-polariser and B+W UV MRC is going to cost you a bit.

When you do this as a living, you won't just buy into the upgrade fever, and personally, I ignored the 85 1.2 Mk2 and 580Ex Mk 2 because it just doesn't justify the upgrade.

For this one, I must say that the upgrade is really worth it.

Vernon: I've got the MK2 and it's by far the best wide I've used on the Canon - corner to corner sharpness /contrast has improved; they've also worked on the distortion; lastly it's a very usable lens at f2.8...I never shot anything wider than a f3.5-f4 on the mk I, but nowadays, it's f2.8 90% of the time.

Only downside is getting a 82mm filter, esp a slim cir-polariser and B+W UV MRC is going to cost you a bit.

Hi Canturn,how much u pay for d M2...n d shop? thanks...:)

If it is $629X, then I think it is better to get it locally for around $64XX. With a price diff of $100 plus....humm....:think:

yeah.. but you have to wait mah.. no stock in SG :bsmilie:

Hi Stephen, thanks for that! Now I have to find a bank to rob. Where did you get it and for how much? Glad to know you'll be using a superior wide angle lens for my wedding shoot! :)

Cheers!

If it is $629X, then I think it is better to get it locally for around $64XX. With a price diff of $100 plus....humm....:think:

The trouble is most of the shops who quote 6400 to 6500 don't actually have stock and the ones who do are charging closer to 6800.

I'm just glad I found it in HK and at a good price. Used it today at a shoot and made good use of the live view. I have the Pana L1 so live view is nothing new but it is a great feature to have when used in the right circumstances. Don't know why they didn't engineer it to have AF while in Live view mode. The L1 does.

Status
Not open for further replies.