15 day trip to Northern Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

aurora26

Jun 8, 2006
Hi everyone,

I am planning a 15day trip to Northern Pakistan from 15th-29th Sep after returning from a month long trip in May. Details can be found at www.paktravels.wordpress.com. I need at least 6 people to make this trip possible, so hope all the photography enthusiasts out there can support this trip! For more details, please email to the addy on the website and I will get back to u asap.

Eunice

seriously, would love to join u for this one , but so much trekking makes me thinking :sweat:
and i can only join after mid Oct...oh well.....

hope you have a good trip!!

I will join u if i quit my job..:angel:

seriously, would love to join u for this one , but so much trekking makes me thinking :sweat:
and i can only join after mid Oct...oh well.....

hope you have a good trip!!

the trekking is really not that difficult... it's not long trekking of 6-8hours everyday like those in Nepal. The longest should be about 4hours the most? And I have added in rest days cuz I myself would love to lie back and relax on some days! :p

I will be organising more of such trips next year when the trekking season starts again in May, and will post them in this forum. The season is from May-end Sep, tt's y this trip is kind of urgent...

I will join u if i quit my job..:angel:

Please do let me noe if ua re keen! :) Cuz hafta cfm everything by end of Aug, including issue of air tics and travel insurance and visa application.

Wow. Al Qaeda and Taliban, anyone?

This is not even a funny joke. Kindly refrain from such remarks. Thank you.
Pakistan is a very beautiful place with warm people and wonderful culture.

Yes, I agree with Sebastian totally, tt's why I am going back there again. There are so many undiscovered places off the beaten tourist track and for the uninitiated, the people of the Northern Areas do not even consider themselves to be Pakistanis as they used to be under another ruler of a different empire. U can 'wikipeida' to find out more about the history.

The media is basically a mass propaganda tool. One area is unsafe does not mean the whole country is. And they will never report the good news that happens in Pakistan. Who will ever know that many NGOs are actually operating in the Northern part of Pakistan and that up to 95% of the children go to schools there? Many families are self-sufficient too, and they are proud of that. One distinguishing factor from the otehr parts of Pakistan.

Unless u have been there, u have no reason to judge a country based on the untruths of the mass media.

I am interested :rbounce:
I've completed the KKH in China area in last year, this 2nd part of the KKH is particularly meaningful to me :angel:

Hi everyone,

I am planning a 15day trip to Northern Pakistan from 15th-29th Sep after returning from a month long trip in May. Details can be found at www.paktravels.wordpress.com. I need at least 6 people to make this trip possible, so hope all the photography enthusiasts out there can support this trip! For more details, please email to the addy on the website and I will get back to u asap.

Eunice

I am interested :rbounce:
I've completed the KKH in China area in last year, this 2nd part of the KKH is particularly meaningful to me :angel:

what is KKH?

Hi everyone,

Eunice

Eunice,
Thanks for sharing about this trip, with the folks here.
Are the dates to this trip flexible ?

Eunice,
Thanks for sharing about this trip, with the folks here.
Are the dates to this trip flexible ?

Yes, Eunice, I have the same question...
Cos I forgotten that I have a very important assignment on 17-sep!!
:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

thanks guys, for the interest in the trip! I am currently trying to determine if I should push this trip back by one week to 22nd Sep to 6th Oct. The flights only take off on Saturdays both ways and hence departure has to be on a Sat.

So if for those who are interested, do let me know if u would prefer the 15th-29th Sep. Or 22nd Sep-6th Oct block. Depending on majority, this could be postponed by a week. :)

Eunice

what is KKH?

Yeah, KKH=Karakorum Highway, part of the ancient Silk Road. Sceneries are fabulous and beyond description. The valleys, gorges, rivers, mountains, highways, canyons all form a very different experience for independant travellers. I was so fascinated by both Nature's work and man's engineering after being on this highway. Imagine the camel caravans trotting this route centuries ago without the paved roads! After being there, I felt I need not go to the Grand Canyons nor other countries to see autumn or temperate forests... It's all there in Pakistan!

Perhaps let the interested have an indicative figure for this trip?

The total cost is capped at $2800, with air tic, travel insurance, visa included, as well as a domestic flight. If the domestic flight does not take off as it's weather dependant, $100 will be refunded. More details can be found at www.paktravels.wordpress.com :)

thought pakistan only gaza area in turmoil with india only? now better leow i think?

thought pakistan only gaza area in turmoil with india only? now better leow i think?

gaza is between egypt and israel, now controlled by the hamas terrorists.

i think u mean azad kashmir? it's totally safe to go there actually. The troubled region is the northwestern part which borders afghanistan, and being controlled by tribal factions.

One of the places I would really like to visit, but have to put off for now. Hope those who are going have a safe and beautiful trip! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.