15-day Buddha sunning photography trip to Qinghai and Tibet

Status
Not open for further replies.

luosangjian

Sep 7, 2005
I am looking for kakis to go Qinghai and Tibet from 26/7 to 9/8 (customized packaged tour), cost is about $3000. This is the best period to go as we can witness the Buddha Sunning on 28/7 at Xining and will also see rape seed flowers and birds. This trip also covers the Mt Everest basecamp. This group is made up of my usual CS kakis and we are looking for a few more. Est group size is 12-16, now 8 confirmed and 3 considering. If interested, pls email me at luosangjian@yahoo.com.sg for detailed itinerary.

Future trips:
Angkor Wat 4-day photography trip during CNY 2010
China- Yili and southern Xinjiang, Jun 2010 or
Yunnan (Sep or Nov 2010)

If interested in future trips, pls also email me and I will keep you informed.
Thanks and looking forward to your emails:)

Feel so sorry me cannot go ... sad ...
Exciting Trip hope you guys have great fun there.

:)

Feel so sorry me cannot go ... sad ...
Exciting Trip hope you guys have great fun there.

:)

Thanks for your 1st post:) Perhaps you can join my future trips;)

huh.. interested but 2 weeks is too long to be on leave :(

will watch out for future trips./

huh.. interested but 2 weeks is too long to be on leave :(

will watch out for future trips./

Thanks for your interest. You may pm me your email add so that I can keep you informed of future trips.

upz for you! :thumbsup:

2 weeks just seems too long for leave application :cry:

Any females interested? I am the only female photographer:embrass:

Yes, me too, I think 15days is somewhat long for such a holiday/photo tour.

Not that many working adults could afford to take such long leave. The other issue is the cost of the trip.

I would say 8-10days, and cost below 2k would be more suitable for many more CSers.

And at all cost, avoid those jewellery/jade/diamond shops, tea/ginseng/herbs shops etc. Those are the biggest rip-off and utter waste of time.

Not that many working adults could afford to take such long leave. The other issue is the cost of the trip.

I would say 8-10days, and cost below 2k would be more suitable for many more CSers.

And at all cost, avoid those jewellery/jade/diamond shops, tea/ginseng/herbs shops etc. Those are the biggest rip-off and utter waste of time.

agreed... also... 14 days of lugging the heavy equipment... very taxing.. hehehe

For my trips, the itinerary is done by myself, and also no shopping at those shops. My last trip to Xinjiiang was 14 days and the group was made up of 16 pax and some of them were from CS. We had such a great time. The cost was above $2500.
Within about 2 weeks, 6 signed up already. So I believe there are people who are able to join such long trips:)
Anyway, thanks for your advice. I will also have short trips like Angkor Wat, Huangshan, Zhangjiajie, Guilin, Guizhou etc. But due to some constraints, I will only have 2-3 photography trips per year.
The last time I went Tibet was for 8 days and I couldn't get enough of it (for that trip, 11 gals and 2 guys), cost was $1800. We had a wonderful time too.:bsmilie: I am really looking forward to this trip which was postponed from last year. So for those who are considering, I hope you can join me soon and we shall meet for briefing in 2nd-3rd wk Jun 09.

Hi,

I'm interest on this "Angkor Wat 4-day photography trip during CNY 2010" but I'm using not C or N can join?:rolleyes:

Hi,

I'm interest on this "Angkor Wat 4-day photography trip during CNY 2010" but I'm using not C or N can join?:rolleyes:

Yes, of course:) You may wish to pm me your email add.

For my trips, the itinerary is done by myself, and also no shopping at those shops. My last trip to Xinjiiang was 14 days and the group was made up of 16 pax and some of them were from CS. We had such a great time. The cost was above $2500.
Within about 2 weeks, 6 signed up already. So I believe there are people who are able to join such long trips:)
Anyway, thanks for your advice. I will also have short trips like Angkor Wat, Huangshan, Zhangjiajie, Guilin, Guizhou etc. But due to some constraints, I will only have 2-3 photography trips per year.
The last time I went Tibet was for 8 days and I couldn't get enough of it (for that trip, 11 gals and 2 guys), cost was $1800. We had a wonderful time too.:bsmilie: I am really looking forward to this trip which was postponed from last year. So for those who are considering, I hope you can join me soon and we shall meet for briefing in 2nd-3rd wk Jun 09.

question... would it be possible to join half way thru the trip? as some of us, the timing is not possible for 2 weeks off, can we join say on 31 Jul or Aug 1 half way thru the trip??? as long as there is a fixed location, I think it will be do-able.

Hi,
i am also interested in the "Angkor Wat 4-day photography trip during CNY 2010" trip. Do msg me if there are any slots, tks.

I am looking for kakis to go Qinghai and Tibet from 26/7 to 9/8 (customized packaged tour), cost is about $3000. This is the best period to go as we can witness the Buddha Sunning on 28/7 at Xining and will also see rape seed flowers and birds. This trip also covers the Mt Everest basecamp. This group is made up of my usual CS kakis and we are looking for a few more. Est group size is 12-16, now 8 confirmed and 3 considering. If interested, pls email me at luosangjian@yahoo.com.sg for detailed itinerary.

Future trips:
Angkor Wat 4-day photography trip during CNY 2010
China- Yili and southern Xinjiang, Jun 2010 or
Yunnan (Sep or Nov 2010)

If interested in future trips, pls also email me and I will keep you informed.
Thanks and looking forward to your emails:)

It is a fantastic experience to travel oversea for photography with like-minded kakis. I'm very keen on any hiking trip like QingHai, Mt Everest basecamp, XinJiang, etc. But the timing doesn't coincide with school holidays (June and Dec) leh? :confused:

Keep in touch!

question... would it be possible to join half way thru the trip? as some of us, the timing is not possible for 2 weeks off, can we join say on 31 Jul or Aug 1 half way thru the trip??? as long as there is a fixed location, I think it will be do-able.

It will not be cost effective to do so. So sorry.

Hi I Xjoined the team in the Xinjiang trip. Yes, it was fun. For Qinghai and Tibet, you will need 2 weeks. It is because of the distance and time we will spend in taking photo at certain hours. We also do not want to rush so to give people all the rest needed because of the high altitude. Please consider and join us.:)
upZ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.