[13th Oct, Sat, STUDIO_BRIDAL_$80] ~~ I'm going to marry you tommorow ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

studiospace

Jul 30, 2007
Dear all,

STUDIOSPACE is proud to present this wedding themed studio shoot.

Our aim is to provide a platform for aspiring photographers to boost their portfolio, at a reasonable price.

A professional make-up artist will be employed for the duration of the shoot, and to ensure quality output, there is less shooters overall, and each shooter will get his/her own dedicated time to carefully compose and pose the shots that he/she wanted.

So this is a chance not to be missed, and to have an unforgetable portfolio to call it your own.

Details as follows:
Date : 13th Oct 2007, Saturday
Time : 3.30pm to 6.30pm (3 hours)
Outfits : Wedding gowns with PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP and HAIRDO
Model : Adeline
Refreshment : Light refreshment will be provided
No of photographers : 5:1(minimum to start) 6:1(maximum)
Price : $80
(Previous participants of our indoor/outdoor wedding shoot will get a SPECIAL REBATE when you join this shoot, PM us for more details. :heart:)

Booking Instructions:
1. Kindly PM, sms (9645-6423) or email me with your name and mobile number to register,
2. Payment details will then be sent to you via SMS,
3. Shoot details will be sent to you via SMS after payment is made,
4. My email : studiospace255@yahoo.com

We will only proceed when the mininum pax is met.

This is another photographic experience brought to you by SYKESTANG in conjunction with STUDIOSPACE.

ADELINE
CR_Adeline2.jpg

3.30pm - 6.30pm (3 hours)

5 more to start! :)

:heart: :heart: :heart:

:) :) :)

3.30pm - 6.30pm (3 hours)
1. Eeexxxxx

4 more slots to start!!

upz for a lovely morning. :)

upz for the cosy afternoon. :)

Don't miss the chance to own a wedding portfolio. This shoot is designed for potential actual day wedding photographers to up his/her skills in doing pre-wedding photography. At the end of the day, the photographer will walk away a pre-wedding studio portfolio of his own where he can showcase to his future potential clients. :)

The shoot will be organised in such a way that the photographer will have his own time-frame where he can pose the model and compose the picture in his own way/style. This way, it will ensure uniqueness in composition and posture among each photographer.

Upz for the day. :)

upz for the evening. :)

Upz for a good studio...

Don't miss the chance to own a wedding portfolio. This shoot is designed for potential actual day wedding photographers to up his/her skills in doing pre-wedding photography. At the end of the day, the photographer will walk away a pre-wedding studio portfolio of his own where he can showcase to his future potential clients. :)

The shoot will be organised in such a way that the photographer will have his own time-frame where he can pose the model and compose the picture in his own way/style. This way, it will ensure uniqueness in composition and posture among each photographer.

Upz for the day. :)

Hi hi, will you be there to advice and guide??? :D , also, this is a studio shoot, how come you mention "shoot is designed for potential actual day wedding photographers...":dunno:
hope to learn from you if you are going to be there....

Hi hi, will you be there to advice and guide??? :D , also, this is a studio shoot, how come you mention "shoot is designed for potential actual day wedding photographers...":dunno:
hope to learn from you if you are going to be there....
Yes, I'll be there definitely. However I would be lowering myself to be an assistant in the light setup, etc than a instructor during the the shoot. Those who know me will know that I am a commercial & Industrial photographer. I do not do wedding photography jobs. Most of my commercial jobs ranges from architectural/interior designs, production processes, products photography to corporate events and corporate advertising/branding/portfolio & annual reports that requires photography work. As such I do not consider myself as capable to 'teach/coach' anybody for wedding photography. However I have a partner that does wedding photography in my team. But I am not sure if he wants to be around to give any pointers or not. :bsmilie:

Why I say this shoot is designed for potential actual day wedding photographers is because, taking pre-wedding photography is the ultimate path for a wedding actual day photographer to upgrade himself to. Most of wedding photographers here starts their wedding photography career from wedding actual day photography. This is because; actual day is very much easier job than that of the pre-wedding. Moreover wedding provides the most jobs/needs of a photographer compare to other industries that also require photography and the need to engage a professional photographer. If you strike a name in the wedding photography industry, it opens more doors to other photography opportunities.

Although for wedding actual day photography, the flow of events is very much faster and there would be a chance that one might missed out important moments, difficult to control and get correct exposure, etc, however I consider this is part of experience and knowing the flow of the events. With experience and well-informed knowledge of the flow of events, the photographer will be able to do his job well for actual day wedding photography. Skills come from experience gain along the way.

On the other hand, pre-wedding photography requires much skill; the skills of posing the couple, the control of lights, creation of scenes, etc. Experiences in this area will not necessary contribute skills. This is because pre-wedding photography requires the photographer to be able to think creatively so as to compose better pictures and be able to bring the best part/portray of the couple. The skills involved is very much higher, it demands the photographer's knowledge of control of light, lightings setup for indoor studio and understanding light cast in outdoor situation, posing and posture of the couple, composition of the picture, post-processing skills, understanding of colours and most situation, the DI work of the photographer in make a better picture.

Moreover it is not easy for a photographer, who wants to clinch pre-wedding photography jobs without,
i. the skills to show,
ii. a good portfolio to sell,
iii. a studio to take the photos,
iv. a good team of MUA & assistants,
v. a good source/tailor who designs and make the gowns,
vi. a good presentation skills to showcase his work,
vii. a good contact of ablum designing, printing, binding, etc, etc, etc.

As such I designed this wedding photography shoot at an affordable price for aspiring wedding photographer to have an opportunity to create and own a portfolio of their own to sell to their future potential customers. This wedding shoot is done in a control lights studio environment. I have previously design one shoot outdoor already. For a normal person who wishes to have such a portfolio, he/she would have to pay at least 4-5 times of what I am asking now. An easy breakdown of the costing as follows for those interested to know:
i. Renting of Gowns - ~$200-$300 (depends on design, brand. Prices includes a laundry cleaning fees)
ii. Model - $60-$100/hr (depends on agency, experience, etc. Note that this is just a gauge as some models with higher experience and fame will even cost more.)
iii. MUA - min$80/look (depends on the look you want, additional hairdo etc)
iv. Studio - ~$30-$50/hr (depends on the light and equipment provided in the studio)

In studiospace, I have 10 wedding gowns design to choice from. Most are imported overseas and some are from local designers. I also have partnering Model Agencies and MUAs.

Anyway, due to poor participation, this shoot did not conduct as schedule. I have postponed this shoot for the time being until such times arises. Meanwhile for anyone who would still be interested in shooting such a theme do send a PM to studiospace or myself. :)

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.