135mm f2.0 vs. 70-200mm f2.8 vs. 70-200mm f4 IS

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm... with regards to the topic, well if you ask me, I'd go with 70-200 f4 IS, since you feel you're gonna sell your 70-200 2.8. i assume yours is of the non-IS variant.

among the 4 70-200s, most would agree that 70-200 f4 IS is the sharpest among the range.
as for whether f4 cuts it for indoor shoots, i'd say it probably would, if you're using the newer cameras with better high ISO performance. besides, comparing the 3 lenses TS has presented, the IS would probably help in many other situations besides indoor shoots.

if you've got a good range of primes, then get the 135F2 as another staple, as the sharpness for this prime is one of the best around. also fares very well in low light (pretty needless to say why). =D i personally would go (optimus) prime all the way if i had the deep pockets.

TS, 70-200 2.8L IS not sharp enough at ƒ2.8? Not sharp or not focusing correctly?

By science, if TS is using IS while shooting at f2.8, it will never be sharper then using a 70-200 f2.8L without IS or a 70-200 f4L at f4.

This is because the IS element is always moving in effort to counter shake.

I have also read on some websites that 70-200 f2.8 is sharper on full-frame... but no source as i have forgot where it was.

By science, if TS is using IS while shooting at f2.8, it will never be sharper then using a 70-200 f2.8L without IS or a 70-200 f4L at f4.

I have also read on some websites that 70-200 f2.8 is sharper on full-frame... but no source as i have forgot where it was.

TS is saying that his copy of the 70-200 is not sharp... but compared to what?

If the camera was Pentax, Sony, Olympus...the 70-200mm F2.8 without a second thought. Lots of advantages of having body built in IS.

Moving Effort causes camera shake seems reasonable, but what if we turn off that IS? :)

Or it is the IS element (extra glasses) which cause the IQ? But why 70-200 f/4 IS is so so sharp... couldn't understand ... :confused:

If the camera was Pentax, Sony, Olympus...the 70-200mm F2.8 without a second thought. Lots of advantages of having body built in IS.

Uh. Okay. So the TS is supposed to change systems? :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.