13 Mar 2010 need : TFCD/DVD Videographer for Actual Day Wedding (No stress, good exp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TF is only good is there're benefits to both ends. For weddings, generally, perhaps beautiful couple, beautiful venue, beautiful settings... else... I see nothin man, becomes more benefit than the person behind the camera, not to mention the requirements.

are u a good looking couple ?

Reading all the posts I only knew Tight budget, No budget and end up FOC...:(

Videographer is a stress work for SG Wedding is ASIA. :eek:

interestingly people are making a big fuss over TFCD for videographer but you go post a similar one for photographer you're gonna be flooded with emails.

interestingly people are making a big fuss over TFCD for videographer but you go post a similar one for photographer you're gonna be flooded with emails.

Thats because for video production you can spend as little as 30 mins in editing or up to months in editing and post production just to produce a work of art. It's in a totally different category and ball game as compared to photography.

Photography you need to have an eye for detail, lighting and have the equipment to shoot. But videography u need skills of photography as well as skills for editing. Its twice the effort and skill.

And TS is talking about Hi-def... People who edit in hi-def knows if you have a slow computer...GG..hence the costs involved in camera eq as well as post production facilities.

The bottomline is you pay what you get.

Hey guys, cumon!

Where is the love!!!? I think we should give pegasus7777777 (TS) a hug and freaking move on...

He's getting married, for God's sake. Not as if he is needed the video to make profit for his biz or something. I think he gets the message already - I suggest we should close this thread and find someone else to slam.

We can't build a community base on technical facts and legalistic order... So I think everyone should go give the TS a hug.

TS,

Here are my requirements too:
1. No dvd provided. Just a compressed video file at a resolution of my choosing will be provided. I upload it somewhere, and you can download it at your own leisure and burn the dvd yourself. I can also burn the dvd for you for a fee.
2. We will own all copyright to all footage and the video clip. We will let you publish the video clip on any kind of media (internet included) by written permission only. You are not allowed to reuse or re-edit any of the footage without our permission.
3. You need to provide transport (or transport costs in advance) for 2-3 guys, namely a cameraman and an assistant and maybe a boom operator if necessary.
4. We will cover the important events of the wedding, but will leave the venue at our discretion.
5. Before you see our portfolio, we want to see pictures of you and your wife-to-be and venue first. Also provide detail information of your program that day, as well as the date and time of event.
6. For food, please reserve the food one side for our team. (you can't expect us to go grab food while filming). bottle water must also be prepared for the crew before hand.
7. You will have to pay for DV tapes and disposable batteries in advance (we can return them to you after use, but all footage will be erased from the tapes).
8. We will complete the project/editing according to our schedule.
10. We will have all say in artistic direction, editing and production decisions.
11. No other videographers are allowed on the premises during the event. i.e. we are the sole videographers at the event.
12. Videographers will have the right to ask guests to move to get footage needed, as well as for safety reasons.
13. The clips will be branded with our branding and will be distributed as such.
14. We will be indemnified against all liability that may arise due to our work at your event (direct or indirect).
15. If, by acts of God, or unforeseeable problems arising that we are unable to resolve, we are indemnified against all liability if we are unable to complete or perform this job.
16. You will have to sign an agreement agreeing to all the above before the event.

How, can or not?

Thats because for video production you can spend as little as 30 mins in editing or up to months in editing and post production just to produce a work of art. It's in a totally different category and ball game as compared to photography.

Photography you need to have an eye for detail, lighting and have the equipment to shoot. But videography u need skills of photography as well as skills for editing. Its twice the effort and skill.

And TS is talking about Hi-def... People who edit in hi-def knows if you have a slow computer...GG..hence the costs involved in camera eq as well as post production facilities.

The bottomline is you pay what you get.

Yes I understand what you're saying. I've do video production and motion graphics too.

My point is that now there are so many beginner photographers who just purchase a DSLR and want to take up a job as a photographer, even if it is for free. But interestingly, you don't see people with camcorders or 5D2/7D/D90 etc. pulling such stunts. The developments of technology has been so advanced to a point where it actually makes photography appear "easy".

On a sidenote, I personally feel wedding videography is actually easier than photography if you know what you're doing. Firstly, you will almost never miss a moment because you are running on time, unlike in photography, if your flash didn't fire you're screwed. If you missed that shot, you're screwed. The lack of videography skills can sometimes be compensated by good editing skills since the advantage of video is that it travels on time. Of course I am not trying to say understanding good cinematography is unimportant.

I won't disagree with you about the hi-def part. I have done SDEs on 1080p, and it's an adrenaline rush, where it may not necessarily be your skills since it's up to your machine to get the video exported on time. Also I hope TS better have a good computer/dvd-player to play his HD video. I've had the experience of the venue's equipment being unable to play the video (gets super choppy) and we had to convert it to SD format on the spot. Scary.

And to TS.... if you are getting someone who is doing this for the first time (and in HD), I can guarantee you the person's going to screw up big time.

Actually dont mind doing TFDVD or what ever.. provided it is worth doing it. Example the couple look..church set up sui or not......etc. I guess the worst part is during the AD... kena tekan run here and there.. want this want that... Then as usual lah...so call best friend know a bit here and there trying to act pro on that day asking you to do this and that.." Hey ah boy.. you try this angle..try that angle....". FXXking stress and Good exp.... ranger course sia !!!

to a certain extent Cs-ers can take advantage too. Turn up just to get footage. Don't hand in any video at the end of the day. You annoy TS, but you still get something to keep :)

Yes I understand what you're saying. I've do video production and motion graphics too.

My point is that now there are so many beginner photographers who just purchase a DSLR and want to take up a job as a photographer, even if it is for free. But interestingly, you don't see people with camcorders or 5D2/7D/D90 etc. pulling such stunts. The developments of technology has been so advanced to a point where it actually makes photography appear "easy".

On a sidenote, I personally feel wedding videography is actually easier than photography if you know what you're doing. Firstly, you will almost never miss a moment because you are running on time, unlike in photography, if your flash didn't fire you're screwed. If you missed that shot, you're screwed. The lack of videography skills can sometimes be compensated by good editing skills since the advantage of video is that it travels on time. Of course I am not trying to say understanding good cinematography is unimportant.

I won't disagree with you about the hi-def part. I have done SDEs on 1080p, and it's an adrenaline rush, where it may not necessarily be your skills since it's up to your machine to get the video exported on time. Also I hope TS better have a good computer/dvd-player to play his HD video. I've had the experience of the venue's equipment being unable to play the video (gets super choppy) and we had to convert it to SD format on the spot. Scary.

Yes yes! totally agree with you :). However, I do find that customers have totally no idea that you really pay what you get. So sometimes they would rather pay for the cheaper ones for both photography and videography.

Tough world out there! lol

it's TS own folly if he decides to actually rent equipment and put it into the hands of someone with no experience.

it's TS own folly if he decides to actually rent equipment and put it into the hands of someone with no experience.

TS did not say he is offering to rent equipment. He just say he will help. I doubt he will pay for the full rental.

Like they say, want cheap, want fresh, want big big.

No big fuss over TFCD.. even for video.. i believe many newbies will be much interested to do it.
but laying down the requirement and expectations may scare the newbies off.
and the title "no stress" doesnt sync with details anyway.
as what i said earlier, revising the expectation may helps.
:)

No obligation.. I dont totally agree with you.. :)
I would say there is no which is easier or harder.. it depends on individual skills set.
video will have more work then photo but photo need to be fast and alert.
Not talking abt the creative aspect as both will need in different way.

What u mentioned abt the flash not firing is a technical issue, it can happens to video too, just like what if the tape is not rolling or the audio input distorted..

many people have wrong concept of video editing can savage shot which is not everytime the case. it will be a hard time for editing if no shot or proper shot taken.. video is about flow.. during the shoot, u must already planning the flow for how to edit.

And yes.. for HD, you may need a more powerful editing system and a player to play back whatever "HD" source.

Anyway i can take photo and video as well, but just enjoy video work more than photo, just my personal liking :)

TS isn't doing anything unethical or whatsoever

he's just looking out for a win-win situation, where a newbie who's interested to try can help him, and he can save on the videographer fees.

no need for sacarstic remarks and i'm sure he will find someone who's interested to help him.

good luck TS!

Guys, lets stop this....Give him a hug and move on.
I'm sure you guys have other threads to reply to. ZZZZZZ

Sure.. David..
Let me give u a hug..
Best luck to TS for finding someone to help!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.