12th(thursday) february! I shooting my school's open house! =x

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzOn3

Jul 12, 2003
Singapore
www.nig3l.com
Ahh! Any advice or guidance or ideas for me? Heh. I've never done this before. I only shot in the dark, of people performing before.. Haa. This time is lotsa lotsa people! What should i shoot!? I think my club expect much.. So what should i shoot? Heh. Oh, and is using EF 50mm f1.8 and 90mm F2.8 good enough? Do i need to bring external flash? I have a 430ez =x Man, i'm like so lost!! =x

OzOn3 said:
Ahh! Any advice or guidance or ideas for me? Heh. I've never done this before. I only shot in the dark, of people performing before.. Haa. This time is lotsa lotsa people! What should i shoot!? I think my club expect much.. So what should i shoot? Heh. Oh, and is using EF 50mm f1.8 and 90mm F2.8 good enough? Do i need to bring external flash? I have a 430ez =x Man, i'm like so lost!! =x
i'm not a canon user, but i would recommend external flash, coz of the power. 50 and 90mm are alright, but i would prefer a zoom.

oh, btw, which sch r u from ?

Eh, from NYP.. haha. I have a zoom.. but is 28-90 F4-5.6 .. so ya.. Haha..

OzOn3 said:
Eh, from NYP.. haha. I have a zoom.. but is 28-90 F4-5.6 .. so ya.. Haha..
oh ... i also from NYP!!! hmmm ..... u from Photography club??? maybe we know each other!!

anyway, back to the topic, bring ur zoom lens also, since u r using flash and u will be shooting in the daylight, so f4-5.6 shoudlnt be a prob, i tried before.

No ar.. I want to join photography club but dunno how leh.. They like no meetings, no contacts.. Hmm.. How you join ar?? Can help me ask if i can join? Hur hur..

i was the ex-president, but quit liao , for some reasons loh .... their webby can be found here, www.geocities.com/nypphoto, just send them an email u wanan join loh ...

hmmm , then r u shooting on assignment for ur own collection or for some student bodies?

oh yah,, use ur longest tele lens to capture their expression, get near them!!!

open house:
1.every major "booth". if the "booth" is the LT then got to do a bit more walking around to find more angle.
2.VIP (if there is)
3.candids
4. "artistic themes" for some of the more prominent locations in the campus
5. the latest development/in-thing in campus

OzOn3 said:

Hi there,
what time is your event start may be I can join in and shoot at NYP. :embrass:

West_ray said:
i was the ex-president, but quit liao , for some reasons loh .... their webby can be found here, www.geocities.com/nypphoto, just send them an email u wanan join loh ...

hmmm , then r u shooting on assignment for ur own collection or for some student bodies?

oh yah,, use ur longest tele lens to capture their expression, get near them!!!

My friend said SIT club looking for photographers, so i volunteered.. heh.. my longest lens is.. 90mm =x

clive said:
open house:
1.every major "booth". if the "booth" is the LT then got to do a bit more walking around to find more angle.
2.VIP (if there is)
3.candids
4. "artistic themes" for some of the more prominent locations in the campus
5. the latest development/in-thing in campus

Whao!! This is a must keep! I'll try to fulfill them all! :D

joe said:
Hi there,
what time is your event start may be I can join in and shoot at NYP. :embrass:

Hi, it starts early.. 9 if i'm not wrong.. Hmm, maybe you could PM me your details, like from which school what class, name and contact number.. Tehn i'll let the incharge know.. Then the in charge will contact you if there's vacancy :D

OzOn3 said:
Hi, it starts early.. 9 if i'm not wrong.. Hmm, maybe you could PM me your details, like from which school what class, name and contact number.. Tehn i'll let the incharge know.. Then the in charge will contact you if there's vacancy :D

Hi there,
what kind of event you are shooting at? :think:

OzOn3 said:
The open house ar brudder.. open house..

Cos I just went to shoot pic at the marine parade community for the new residerent's get together Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong was there as a guest of Honour. ;)

OzOn3 said:
my thoughts exactly.. =x

Hi there,
shooting for the NYP open house is the same as the gathering at marine parade community centre is just there a different in the guest of honour. ;)

Personally, I would say for events, it's fast fast fast, so use a normal 50 mm lens most of the time. Use a long telephoto for certain shots but dont concentrate too much on those because you must always be alert to what's happening around and concentrating on one thing with a long telephoto just won't do. Remember, don't be shy. Go up front and just fire away. More pictures are always better than less pictures. Better yet, get the program from the organiser and get ready for what's coming. Good luck.

Btw, was from NYP too. Graduated 2 years ago.
Have shot mainly company events.

Status
Not open for further replies.