12th Nov - Twisted Fairytales Series: Little Red Riding Hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravemaid

Aug 3, 2005
Central
www.heliosmediadesign.com
Thanks once again to all who showed their support at my debut shoot last month. This month, I'll be presenting to you fairytale themed photo shoots... with a twisted touch.

Theme:Twisted Fairytales Series: Little Red Riding Hood.She's a fiesty and sultry huntress in the woods, definitely not your regular little girl who brings muffins to Grandma. Dressed in long flowing red velvet cape, tiny skirt and tight garters, she's the most dangerous creature in the forest, and she's not afraid of the Big Bad Wolf.

Model:Lovynn

IMG_4566.jpg

IMG_4460.jpg

(more sneak peak pictures coming up soo!)

Outfits:Red Hood, skimpy itsy bitsy top and skirt with garters, stockings and boots! And an assortment of weapons. (professional hair and makeup artst provided)

Date:12th Nov (Saturday)

Cost:$60

Time:
4.00pm-4.20pm (Slot 1)
4.20pm-4.40pm (Slot 2)
4.40pm-5.00pm (Slot 3)
5.00pm-5.20pm (Slot 4)
5.20pm-5.40pm (Slot 5)
5.40pm-6.00pm (Slot 6)

Refreshments and snacks will be provided.
*NOTE 20 mins for each photographer, inclusive of personal setup time. Please arrive early to prepare for your shoot. Thank you.

Please PM me to reserve your slot. Kindly include your name, CS nick, handphone number and specify the timeslot you would like to apply for. All payments should be made before 12pm, 11th Nov (Fri) through POSB bank transfer. Further payment details will be disclosed to confirmed participants only.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you guys at the shoot!

Loverly,
Lydia

Time:
4.00pm-4.20pm (Slot 1)
4.20pm-4.40pm (Slot 2)
4.40pm-5.00pm (Slot 3)
5.00pm-5.20pm (Slot 4)
5.20pm-5.40pm (Slot 5)
5.40pm-6.00pm (Slot 6)

*NOTEStudio location, 1 to 1 shoot. 1 photographer per slot.

Studio or outdoor?
Shooting schedule with only 20 minutes, inclusive of set up, very tight.

*Update

Time:
4.00pm-4.20pm (Slot 1)
4.20pm-4.40pm (Slot 2)
4.40pm-5.00pm (Slot 3) Reserved
5.00pm-5.20pm (Slot 4)
5.20pm-5.40pm (Slot 5)
5.40pm-6.00pm (Slot 6)

Gravemaid, I should lend you my bows and arrows for this shoot! :bsmilie:

Huh? I apologise Lydia ... I didn't quite understand what you were saying???

At any rate, my offer's genuine ... it would be nice to have a 'souvenir' photo of some of my bows with a model ;) (if that's alright by you and those involved). However, for the sake of safety, I guess I should be around. I'm not quite sure which type of equipment would be suitable since your shoot is a modern twist of an old classic. Do feel free to PM me to let me know what you need.

Deadpoet said:
Studio or outdoor?
Shooting schedule with only 20 minutes, inclusive of set up, very tight.

Hi Deadpoet (and Gravemaid),

I don't mean to intrude or appear to be going off-thread, but yes, 20 minutes seems to be quite tight but MAYBE NOT impossible.

I have done many studio "quickies" conducted in slots of 30 minutes in Australia. The 30 minutes includes my lighting setup and shoots but excludes model's dressing up and makeup (which also appears to be Gravemaid's arrangement). In that 30 minutes, it's possible to shoot 70-100 frames (if the studio lights can handle fairly rapid fire).

However, I realised that to benefit more from such "quickies", photographers should best already have ideas and poses at their fingertips even though models may have be trained. Lesser-experienced photographers or beginners may find such "quickies" harder to do and less beneficial.

However, I'm assuming Gravemaid's target wasn't for newbies.

I'm just sharing my experience.

Thanks for sharing.

The 'setup' I'm refering to here means basic lighting preparation by the photographer himself and as for the model, she'll be in the same outfit (since little red riding hood has no need for other outfits) and the variety of shots will come from the poses and weapons she carries.

Jemapela said:
Hi Deadpoet (and Gravemaid),

I don't mean to intrude or appear to be going off-thread, but yes, 20 minutes seems to be quite tight but MAYBE NOT impossible.

I have done many studio "quickies" conducted in slots of 30 minutes in Australia. The 30 minutes includes my lighting setup and shoots but excludes model's dressing up and makeup (which also appears to be Gravemaid's arrangement). In that 30 minutes, it's possible to shoot 70-100 frames (if the studio lights can handle fairly rapid fire).

However, I realised that to benefit more from such "quickies", photographers should best already have ideas and poses at their fingertips even though models may have be trained. Lesser-experienced photographers or beginners may find such "quickies" harder to do and less beneficial.

However, I'm assuming Gravemaid's target wasn't for newbies.

I'm just sharing my experience.

Gravemaid said:
Thanks for sharing.

The 'setup' I'm refering to here means basic lighting preparation by the photographer himself and as for the model, she'll be in the same outfit (since little red riding hood has no need for other outfits) and the variety of shots will come from the poses and weapons she carries.
Whatever anyone says, 20 minutes to adjust lights and do a shoot is very tight. Assuming a simple 3 lights set up, positioning the lights, measuring the lights, adjusting output etc, takes minimum 3-5 minutes, if you are very good, 7-10 to be more realistic. 10-15 minutes to do the actual shooting. Too tight for me. Sorry

Hi all! As promised, sneak peaks of weapons our lovely model will be wielding:

Compound-bow.jpg
tanto.jpg

flintlock.jpg

Hunting Compound Bow
Janpanese Tanto (red)
German Flintlock

nice props where did you get them?

Thanks to all who participated in this shoot last Saturday. Here are some pictures of Little Red Riding Hood, courtesy of Huang.

LRRH-02.jpg
LRRH-01.jpg

LRRH-05.jpg
LRRH-03.jpg

Next shoot of the Twisted Fairytales Series... Snow White.

bit disappointed by the looks of the photos that you've posted, the lighting just doesn't scream 'twisted' and your model [is pretty] but doesn't look 'deadly' or 'dangerous', doesnt seem comfortable posing with weapons and costume could've been a bit better...esp the ankh, it's very out of place but dat's just my 2 cents worth

Thanks for your comments. I'll forward it to the photographer who took these photos. He did the arrangements.

luel said:
bit disappointed by the looks of the photos that you've posted, the lighting just doesn't scream 'twisted' and your model [is pretty] but doesn't look 'deadly' or 'dangerous', doesnt seem comfortable posing with weapons and costume could've been a bit better...esp the ankh, it's very out of place but dat's just my 2 cents worth

Hi Gravemaid,

The model is great, and the costume and props are fantastic, but I think it lack the impact of your theme... A Twisted Little Red Riding Hood.

Most of the photos are shot using only 1 light. 1 light is good to create a more dramatic look, but I think it just not yet there. Need some Photoshop to bring the mood in...

The model was quite tends during the shoot as well, especially can tell from the pose with the 2 axe.

Actually, my hands are little itchy and went to digitized one of the photo to make it more like your theme... I hope you and the photographer who shot it dun mind... I will remove the photo if there is any objection. Just PM me.

LRRH-05e.jpg

Its not very good cos I just rush through the proccess...

Have fun.... Cheers,
Francis Tan.

Hi Gravemaid,

I'm kinda agree with luel & tkp77 on the lack of impact based on the theme. Personally, the punchline here lies in the twist of fairytale character i.e. Little Red Riding Hood. Well the model looks fine in the outfit but however her expressions and postures just did not justified, especially her pair of eyes. it lacked of that "evil killer-look" or gothical sadistic instinct.

If you or the photographer had seen some of the famous oil paintings by renowned fantasy art painter, Boris Vallejo, you'll know what I mean. Here's some sample pictures of his masterpieces.

http://vallejo.ural.net/1980/show.php?019
http://vallejo.ural.net/1984/show.php?020
http://vallejo.ural.net/1994/show.php?011
http://vallejo.ural.net/1994/show.php?019

Well of cuz at this level, post-processing and digital imaging are essential here to enhance the overall appearances and moods of the images, otherwise it's just half-way process.

The above stated is just my 2-cents worth of comment for yr reference only. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.