Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldwing

Mar 8, 2004
Singapore
Drool my friends...

http://www.eetimes.com/news/semi/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=189500300

From the article :
"Dalsa Semiconductor has fabricated an image sensor with more than 111 million pixels. The company claims the 4 x 4-inch charge-coupled device, configured as 10,560 x 10,560 pixels, is the world's highest-resolution image sensor and the first to break the 100 million-pixel barrier."

Sounds like a MF/LF sensor to me.

Imagine the price :sweat: . Not to mentions RAW file produce by Camera with this sensor :sweat: :sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.

Their Sensor size is 4" by 4" in size. Not sure even a medium format camera can fit this sensor. This sensor look more for military use or for arial photgraphy.

fit it onto a LF loh. those are 4x5 so 4x4 should not be a probelm

Artosoft said:
Imagine the price :sweat: . Not to mentions RAW file produce by Camera with this sensor :sweat: :sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.

my 2gb become feels like 1.44mb floppy disk liao.

Don't think any computer in the market can even wanna to try to post process a single image.......:sweat:

Need probably a super computer like Blue Gene?

"STA developed the chip for the Astrometry Department of the U.S. Naval Observatory with funding from the Navy's Small Business Innovation Research program. Dalsa manufactured the device for STA at its wafer fabrication facility in Bromont, Quebec."

this says what it's meant for =)

why drool? 3MP is more than enough for most people (just like 35mm film is more than enough for most!). few people print larger than 8R/A4.

:nono: for me 4mpix is my minimum....

becos i got lousy composition skills and always crop a lot in PP.. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.