10th Anniversary Talks and equipment display

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
Managed to catch some talks. Presume it is not annual affair due to costs and effort. Probably wait another few years for next event.
Thanks to all involved (sponsors+organisers+volunteers+talk presenters+equipment-display-staff+other members who attended).
The equipment exhibitors were not reluctant to let us handle the expensive equipment, even the high-end items like 1DX, D4 or HD4. This good attitude by exhibitors you do not find at IT Shows or PC shows. Maybe because the audience in the CS anniversary case is a small select group of knowledgeable enthusiasts; instead of an unpredictable group of members of the public who attend IT / PC shows and who may not know how to carefully handle the equipment.

Last edited:
Yes, it was a great job by the organizers..most likely you won't see another one for the next 10yrs :)
after all, this is a 10th yr Anniversary, so most likely the next one is 20yrs?
Anyways, i managed to only go for 1 talk but it was what i wanted and i learnt alot from it…and i got to play with the 1DX as well! Probably my one and only change i'll ever get to play with one.

wah lao ....... ha ha ha we have been doing this for at least THREE YEARS in a row already in different formats .... just that this year is 10th Anniversary

Glad to have met you Ricohflex on Saturday !

In between we pepper the year with First Friday Night at SAM talks, outings and other events

it was a great opportunity to be officially poisoned, my bank account will have smaller numbers soon.
what about you?

more importantly i was inspired to shoot more and try new stuff

Last edited:
Thanks to the organisers/volunteers for the dinner , talks and photo walks. Enjoy my three days there at SAM.

it was a great opportunity to be officially poisoned, my bank account will have smaller numbers soon.
what about you?

more importantly i was inspired to shoot more and try new stuff

Yeah I agree...kena poisoned....:sweat::sweat:

happy anniversary, and good going for all organizers as well as participants... too bad I couldn't go as down with flu... :(