10m by 3m black cloth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
eh... can i ask if it is even possible to find the abovementioned in singapore? i am hunting for a 10m long by 3m wide piece of black cloth. i'm trying not to sew a few pieces together cos the sewing lines might appear in the pic. TIA! :)

You may have to try to find the cloth wholesalers. They probably do have it, since some people use them to make curtains and the likes which can be longer than 3m. Or can try asking the shopkeepers at the usual place, Joo Chiat Complex, People's Park Market etc etc.

Last edited:
eh... can i ask if it is even possible to find the abovementioned in singapore? i am hunting for a 10m long by 3m wide piece of black cloth. i'm trying not to sew a few pieces together cos the sewing lines might appear in the pic. TIA! :)

pls pm me details if you have. i've been looking for ages liao.

Actually, for curtains they sew pieces together too leh.

You may have to try to find the cloth wholesalers. They probably do have it, since some people use them to make curtains and the likes which can be longer than 3m. Or can try asking the shopkeepers at the usual place, Joo Chiat Complex, People's Park Market etc etc.

Actually, for curtains they sew pieces together too leh.

Yup.

Cloth come in fairly 'standard' industry sizes, if not, it won't be saleable.

Black BG very easy to heal and stamp mah.

Bro, you can check the curtain supplier for theatre or that sorts, surely they can find the cloth of your dimensions.

go to textile center.they have whatever cloth you want.they even got velvet.
problem is, there is no one piece of 10m.

you can buy the biggest cloth there is, but they will still need to sew to join them to the length you require.

i had custom made one that is 20meters by 10 meters.
the sewing alone cost me $150.

you can buy the biggest cloth there is, but they will still need to sew to join them to the length you require.

that's right, sewing cost is very expensive.

btw, I have not come across anyone in local selling cloth more than 48" or 60" wide, so you have to get someone sew them together.

adding the material cost, sewing cost, sometime it is more expensive than buying one piece of 3m x 6m plain muslin backdrop from PQ23, unless you want to get something bigger than what he has, or black velvet.

those large curtain in the multi purpose halls, all of them are sewed together with multiple pieces.

oversea do have 6m wide muslin or canvas backdrop, but it is very expensive, after shipping, it is about 1k per piece, anyway, not a lot local studios able to put up a 6m wide backdrop. except someone's bedroom....... ;) (able to hang a 20meters by 10 meters backdrop :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:)

Bro, you can check the curtain supplier for theatre or that sorts, surely they can find the cloth of your dimensions.

i got asked those shops at clementi b4, near our workplace. but, needs sewing lah.

firestone, yes, u can PS away. but if i can avoid doing it in the first place, why not, rite?

thanks, folks! i asked snowspeeder liao. apart from the muslin cloth (6x3), which i am avoiding cos of the weight, i guess the only alternative is to get some cheap light cloth and sew it together.

cheap and light cotton cloth is about $2 one yard, 30 inch wide, you able to find some places selling 45" wide, after adding swing cost, it is still cheaper to get a plain black muslin b/g from PQ23, btw, his plain muslin b/g is not heavy.

Tried the textile centre at Jalan Sultan? I'm sure even if they dont sell, they can prob tell u where.

wah... $150 to join a few pieces of cloths together:nono:

Anyone knows a good source of black velvet?

Guys, before anyone else recommend Sam on a blind race, let me explain why his search may be futile.

Fabric needs to be weave and in looms, most of the commercial looms operate in Weft of the fabric in 46" 50" 55" 60" 72" max. I think you need to sew up if you one to buy of the streets.

The reasons for the looms width is that as humans, we do not need such width of the fabric to make clothes for ourselves.

is 3m weft is almost unheard of in the fashion & textile industries, but, BUT if its curtains, it may be another story. So you may want to direct your search there.
:)

Guys, before anyone else recommend Sam on a blind race, let me explain why his search may be futile.

Fabric needs to be weave and in looms, most of the commercial looms operate in Weft of the fabric in 46" 50" 55" 60" 72" max. I think you need to sew up if you one to buy of the streets.

The reasons for the looms width is that as humans, we do not need such width of the fabric to make clothes for ourselves.

is 3m weft is almost unheard of in the fashion & textile industries, but, BUT if its curtains, it may be another story. So you may want to direct your search there.
:)
that's correct, I have been doing searching for many years..

don't have, don't have, don't have!

Status
Not open for further replies.