10D for f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
my stupid CFO, after buying the 10D, has decided not to let me use it out of home. screwed up, f***ed up, i'm f***ing pissed that i can't shoot using the camera.

old man doesn't know how to shoot using A/S/M at all, yet so protective. no wonder he's only got a DVD player with only 3 pieces of ancient shows.

;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

ay... the thunder god is smiling at u...

LOL

relax lah... he needs to quarantine the camera for awhile.

Cheers,

SniperD, you should read what i wrote on my blog at http://sehsuan.clubsnap.org . he is this type of person - buys a DVD player, only to have THREE DVDs at home, doesn't rent, nor buy new ones at all. in the end, the DVD player is consigned to play *pirated* VCDs instead.

a few years ago, he bought a spanking Sony VCD/LD player - he uses "The Mask" VCD to judge how well the hardware decoding of the player is, and says it's not perfect - as if he's qualified to review things that way. it never occurred to him that it may be the poor framerate that the movie was encoded into a MPEG-1 stream on the VCD then.

i subscribe and pay for SCV cable modem at home, asked him on several occasions if he wants to have me set up Internet Connection Sharing for him, and do all the necessary work - he flatly turns me away, and tells me that he can access internet from work. but when he wants to check things at home, he would come into my room and ask me to check URL's for him. he doesn't even have the basic capability to figure out what's an email address and a URL even after his company gave him an email account over one-half years ago.

and the worst part?

he tells me that if he wants to get a lens for the 10D, he'll buy a new one anytime, and disses your fantastic offer for your 70-210 f/3.5-4.5. i've decided, i'll buy my OWN 10D, own lens and everything else once i've saved enough. this old man is one who consigns things to spoil not from overuse, or misuse, but lack of use. :mad:

pentiumpc, you know the sheer excitement that i had over the last couple of days that the 10D is at home - but i'm not allowed to bring it out. fine, but if i don't have the chance to practice photography, what good is even a D1x or 1Ds for him?

magixshoe, CFO = chief financial officer. in this case, chief f***ed-up officer.

i should add too, i've had the honor of handling gitzo's, d1x's, d60's with BG, canon super-telephoto lenses, eos-1ds... what qualifies him to think that i don't know how to handle a paltry $3.2K eos-10d?

;(

Now I can understand you after I met the manager of CP liao. $$&^&I$#$*#& those old men! What are in their minds? Why create so much troubles to us? Later I buy one :rbounce: and demolish them all in one go. I hate "lao jiao"!:angry:

Oh, my papa, to me he was so wonderful
Oh, my papa, to me he was so good
No one could be, so gentle and so lovable
Oh, my papa, he always understood.

Gone are the days
when he could take me on his knee
And with a smile
he'd change my tears to laughter

Oh, my papa, so funny, so adorable
Always the clown so funny in his way

Oh, my papa, to me he was so wonderful
Deep in my heart I miss him so today.

Used to be one of my favourite songs, until he died.
Actually, it's still an old favourite.
There's a message in there for you somewhere.

StreetShooter, i understand the idea you're talking about. once he's gone, he's gone.

but right now i'm f***ing pissed.

imagine this - after running a marathon, when i invite him to look at the sights and sounds and for me to introduce some running mentors of around his age - all he says is - "let's go back."

people think he's wonderful, to go there in the first place. but what he exhibits just pisses me off time and again.

clubsnappers who saw him at CP on wednesday night were glad for me that he bought the 10D, but most are sadly wrong to think that i can come out with shoot with it. most think "he's so lucky to have such a dad!" but in reality, he bought something i'm not gonna be able to bring out and use.

i like to tell my life story through photography - it's a major pressure relieving activity for me. but right now my valve's stuck, i'm gonna blow up. ;(

Originally posted by sehsuan
hey, 007, i'm talking about my father here. what has the manager of CP to do with this?...

*lost*

OoOOops, sorry. Since you don't see the connection, just forget about that. I know that you were talking about your father. Haiyah, don't worry lah, when the time is ripe, your father will let you use it lah, don't worry. It'll be yours in future , either you buy yourself one or you "kaypoh" his one!:bsmilie:

i'm thinking of buying all of my own photographic equipment and land and underwater use and return all the stuff to him. he's the only person who says the olympus c4040 is not good enough because it doesn't have that orange quartz at the bottom. give him the best equipment, and it's gonna be wasted. i'll rather let him waste more money on new motherboards, new chips, new hard disks, new cameras, new lens, only to find out in the end he thought he knows how to use them.

Well,

All i can say is that he paid for it then he has the right to do anything he wants with it! So stop whining!

Buy your own.............and if he insists that too stays home that you have every reason to gripe!

Originally posted by Pricess Leia
Well,

All i can say is that he paid for it then he has the right to do anything he wants with it! So stop whining!

Buy your own.............and if he insists that too stays home that you have every reason to gripe!

thanks for the advice. i think i ought to buy my own home on the streets, move out get everything myself then.

Yes, that the thing you should do :). Just be happy.

Originally posted by sehsuan
thanks for the advice. i think i ought to buy my own home on the streets, move out get everything myself then.

Originally posted by Pricess Leia
Well,

i kinda empathise with you sehsuan but having said that, i agree that pricess leia is right regarding the fact that ur CFO financed the purchase of the camera so in one way or another, he has every damn right to do what he wants with it, whether or not it is productive is another story altogether. what a world aint it?

chill :cool:

regards

sehsuan,
although you feel frustrated about your dad and his apparent "selfishness" in not allowing you to take the 10D (and other equipment) out, i would advise you not to prolong this thread any longer.

after all, he is your dad, and due respect should be given.

i will leave it up to you whether you want to delete this thread but i would strongly advise you to remove it once your frustration has simmered down.

as a father, i would surely be very very saddened that something like this has been broadcasted over a public forum by my own children.

don't feel fustrated, at least currently you have something you can take pictures with, in the mean time you can try to improve your photo taking techniques, show ya dad the pics, and perhaps he might be convinced to let you run around with the 10D...

Status
Not open for further replies.