10D discontinued??

Status
Not open for further replies.

neves_atk

Nov 12, 2003
According to dpreview, they put 10D under the discontinued list.
Is this really the case??
How much do u all think 10D's price will drop when 20D announces its retail proce in Singapore??
Realistic speculations pls :)

I wonder what would be the price of the next-generation 300D... :think: $900 presumably?

many people will be very happy if it gets down to $900. :bsmilie:

i was also wondering when the '400D' will come. will it ba a DIGI II with 8MP as well? :dunno: lets hope so. :)

back to the original post, i think 10D will drop to $2k & after that will cease production. thats my guess.

They would not lower the retail price MUCH.
They will stop manufacturing 10D will still sell around $2500-2700. and when the 10D stocks start to finish, thats when the 20D is launch.

Everyone thought that they could wait for the 10D price to drop a low minimum when 20D is avalible in Market. This will never happen. Only the 2nd hand price will drop like mad but not the new retail ones.

This is the same situation when they launch the D60 and 10D.

The price of D30 and D60 hovers around the same retail price when they release the D60 and 10D into the Market.

kerpalz said:
maybe max $1900 street price/..

10D is definitely discontinued. Canon's press release announces the 20D as the successor to the 10D. It is therefore a direct replacement.

Morganoh is right about the prices. Current new price is about as low as it will get. Prices for the second hand units are the ones that will plunge. Well, it doesn't really matter if you have no intention to upgrade.

So that means that the factory has stop producing 10D and maybe in 4 mths time the 10D stocks will be totally clear.

I remember I waited around 1-1.5mths for the 10D when they started retailing it in US. So the 20D will be in the Market in another 3-4mths time

limhousen said:
10D is definitely discontinued. Canon's press release announces the 20D as the successor to the 10D. It is therefore a direct replacement.

Morganoh is right about the prices. Current new price is about as low as it will get. Prices for the second hand units are the ones that will plunge. Well, it doesn't really matter if you have no intention to upgrade.

If the brand new price of 10D will be about the same then how would the 2nd hand price of 10D "drop like a rock". All these speculation is an overkill. The same argument comes out everytime a new model is launch. Just shoot and be happy. I will not be upgrading to 20D. I don't consider that an upgrade. That is to change model. An upgrade would be going from 10D to 1D MK2.

Thats because the new 20D will be selling around the same price of a 10D too.
If not the same, maybe just slightly more $100-200?

Thats why people are all rushing to sell now.

The same situation happens when ever a new model is release.

Again I remember there's so many people trying to sell their D60 at aroun $2100-2300. but the market force them to sell lower as everyone was stating that "I could have a new cam with better feather for just $300-400+ more"

But something is difference this time.
People are selling at a much lower price, 10D + Grip for $2000? I believe that its because the 10D grip can't be use on the 20D and thats why price drop much further.

jbma said:
If the brand new price of 10D will be about the same then how would the 2nd hand price of 10D "drop like a rock". All these speculation is an overkill. The same argument comes out everytime a new model is launch. Just shoot and be happy. I will not be upgrading to 20D. I don't consider that an upgrade. That is to change model. An upgrade would be going from 10D to 1D MK2.

Pro-New said:
Waiting for 1DS MkII...

u r soooo rich & i m soooo envious. :mad2:

jbma said:

agree......btw canon official haven't announcement yet for discontinued

To put it simply, its just a matter of supply and demand. The forum is a great place to see this in action.

I think it is pretty safe to assume that the price of a second hand 10D will stabilise at 60% of initial street price within 6 months. There is really nothing to argue about.

The trick is to strategise your buying and selling if you plan to do so. No one dictates the market. You choose your own exit/entry point based on a fair assumption of obsolescence and depreciation.

If price between 10D and 20D is very close, then the 10D will not sell. If this is the case, the remaining stock of 10D will have to sit in the store room for a long long time. As such, I guess the 10D's price will drop to an attactive level in order for canon/the shop to get rid of it.

interestingly, just weeks before the 20D is announced, B&H has slashed its prices for the 10D to just US$1270 ... that makes it around SGD$2100 based on the current exchange rates.

Similarly, it has priced the 20D at US$1499 ... which is somewhere in the S$2.7-2.8K mark. So i guess when it hits singapore, 20D will have a street price of $3K

Status
Not open for further replies.