ictrlaltdelyou

Jun 23, 2010
1.In what area is critique to be sought?
composition, lightning, post processing

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
wanted to depict the flower in terms of textures instead of colours.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
taken during orchid fest in garden by the bay. day was slightly overcast. the space at the venue is so overwhelming and vast (and very crowded), so i decided to block everything else and do close ups.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
quite please with it. wish it was a little sharper at parts. though i think one can never get enough sharpness.

6369744401_0f62ec306e_z.jpg

nice compositions ..... and the texture feels rich

do you have a version thats a touch lighter ?

Ed:

I might have the pre processed image somewhere. but i need to search of it a little. admittedly i dont have very good digital files storage system. why did you ask?

heshanj & derrick:

Thank you for your kind words.

Heres a couple more taken with the same approach if you guy enjoyed this one.

6369744435_d13368cb14_m.jpg
6369744425_6b30f585a0_m.jpg
6369744421_e6eee1b129_m.jpg
5828630412_a0919e4b92_m.jpg

Flickr: kit ctrl alt del you's Photostream

thanks. glad you like them. :)

Very nice monochrome conversions. And the textures are well captured. Well done.

Very well processed, but wonder if composition can be more dynamic. Showing full flower or half of it or parts of it, angling it instead of flat etc etc.

Very well processed, but wonder if composition can be more dynamic. Showing full flower or half of it or parts of it, angling it instead of flat etc etc.

i have to agree that shooting flowers straight on isnt the most creative of approaches haha. regarding your suggestion of shooting the full flower or just shooting half of it. i think i was trying to get as close to the subject as possible without being overtly abstract, which is y i kept the full 'core' of the flower (so they still look like flowers) and left only portion of the edge of the petals in the frame so one can infer how the rest of the edge that are being cropped out looked like.

but point taken nevertheless, and i shall try to shift from my static approach in the future. thank you for your suggestion. :)

Very nice monochrome conversions. And the textures are well captured. Well done.

glad you like them. :)

Beautiful rendition! Did you visualize it as a sculpture of silver or platinum?