1000 plus ERP to be built in the next 3 years!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.

D60D60

Mar 2, 2008
awesome....the (pay & pay) scheme just gets better & better................:confused:

heard from a quite reliable source, that L?A has plans & already executing their plans, in building almost 1000+ ERP gantries islandwide, to be completed in the next 3 years.

The compensation?

July this year, road tax rebate given to motorists.

Once all the ERP gantries are completed & ready & running progressively 3years later, ROAD TAX PAYMENTS SYSTEMS WILL BE ABOLISHED!

calculating the fact that this system will kick in eventually after 3 years (or later), those 1.6l & below car owners will be on the losing end.

imagine man, each time you travel every 5 - 10 km maybe, kena whack by ERP. walaueh, if we travel around a lot due to meeting clients, carrying heavy loads of our equipments in our car, bo pien loh.....standby to top up cash card like every 6 hours??

by the way, anyone noticed the new ERP gantries facing fullerton & Collyer Quay? already installed & ready to swallow the money out of the cashcards of passing cars....real soon.

that's it man!! i will go for BMW!
( Bus, MRT, Walk! )

:bigeyes: sure a not...the future 10% gst havent kick in want to build so many ERP liao...there's goes my future 1.6L car...bo hua to drive in sg anymore...

"they" are getting richer and richer, "we" are getting poorer and poorer. ... if you know who i'm refering to....

i would believe that you all are matured enough to keep this discussion nice and clean.

btw, "i heard from a quite reliable source" does not carry any water
please confirm before posting

i would believe that you all are matured enough to keep this discussion nice and clean.

btw, "i heard from a quite reliable source" does not carry any water
please confirm before posting

someone who works closely with government transportation organisation la......walaueh....need i be so specific in naming the person? where he is working? :bsmilie:....

share info that's quite interesting mah brader.....no harm what....:cool::thumbsup:

Ya...if not next time ERP will really be Every Right turn Pay!!!

someone who works closely with government transportation organisation la......walaueh....need i be so specific in naming the person? where he is working? :bsmilie:....

share info that's quite interesting mah brader.....no harm what....:cool::thumbsup:

dangerous leh brader, potentially lots of harm

If they set up 100 ERP gantries, I will know what to do in the next GE, and I will tell others what to do too.

Somehow when I saw the thread title, some dark scenes like form Bladerunner flash up! :bigeyes:

I think this is very fair and will bring cheer to the many multi-millionaires in Sg who each owns several high powered luxury sports cars who just keep them mostly at home in mint condition for display and only occasionally drive them out just to keep the batteries charged. These people are now paying for road tax even though they seldom drive the cars. I think this scheme will attract a lot of high nett worth individuals to set up home in sg, and also buy those top end properties that most sgporeans can only smell, if they happen to work in them as maids and servants.

It is a highly workable scheme. Bladerunner? No, I think I am looking at a very bright future for my children.

that's it man!! i will go for BMW!
( Bus, MRT, Walk! )

This is a good one!!! :bsmilie:

Theoretically speaking how can it be possible to have 1000 over ERP gantries in Singapore? That is as good as saying a ERP gantry at the entrance and exit of every expressway. Outside all entrances into satellite estates like Sengkang, Yishun. An ERP gantry outside every tourist attraction. Even after putting all those gantries, I dont know if it adds up to a thousand...

Presumably ERP is a scheme to discourage car usage? If you don't drive during peak periods, the g-ment can't take a cent off you from ERP. Can anyone explain to me why a scheme to reduce car use should be viewed so negatively? In this era of oil shortages and global warming, I'd would have thought an enlightened liberal bunch such as those frequenting a photography forum would be jumping up and down for joy. Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to a bright future for my children too, one where oil won't cost US$1000 a barrel and SG don't have to put up ruinously expensive dikes to fend off rising sea levels.

Ya...if not next time ERP will really be Every Right turn Pay!!!

eh, bro, sometimes we turn wrongly also have to pay mah :bsmilie:
haha, no offence, ERP is good but over excessive is killer,
i find ERP system at carparks are good, at least dont need to worry coupon expire and kanna summon...

Theoretically speaking how can it be possible to have 1000 over ERP gantries in Singapore? That is as good as saying a ERP gantry at the entrance and exit of every expressway. Outside all entrances into satellite estates like Sengkang, Yishun. An ERP gantry outside every tourist attraction. Even after putting all those gantries, I dont know if it adds up to a thousand...

don't know if you noticed or realised that erp gantries have already landed in satellite towns ...first to experience this is Toa payoh.

latest i saw yesterday was at paya lebar, near the old airport road.

not surprising they will build more in hdb estates.:cool:

Presumably ERP is a scheme to discourage car usage? If you don't drive during peak periods, the g-ment can't take a cent off you from ERP. Can anyone explain to me why a scheme to reduce car use should be viewed so negatively? In this era of oil shortages and global warming, I'd would have thought an enlightened liberal bunch such as those frequenting a photography forum would be jumping up and down for joy. Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to a bright future for my children too, one where oil won't cost US$1000 a barrel and SG don't have to put up ruinously expensive dikes to fend off rising sea levels.

Who are the enlightened liberal bunch here?... :think:

Of course the ERP is meant to discourage car usage. That's because there isn't enough space to keep on building roads, so there should be limits to control cars on the roads. Its just that whenever a scheme is introduced to collect money from the public, certainly there will be public complaints. That's normal. What's important is what we can do about it and the actions we take subsequently.

There are alternatives to solving the environmental issues other than just getting people to pay more for usage. I don't think we have used up all possibilities, but instead choose the easy way out.

Don't be so pessimistic about your children's future. We just have to all work together to ensure our children's future. That's all.

it's getting hot in here or is it me...?:cool:

this bags the question. were ERP charges used to offset building of roads or the setting up of gantries? :think:

As I see it, 3 immutable issues:

1) The cost of driving a private vehicle goes beyond the purchase price of the car. There is the cost of consuming a valuable natural resource (oil), the cost of greenhouse gas production, the cost of the land used for roads and parking, cost of noise pollution etc. Not to mention lives lost to traffic accidents, cost of law enforcement, infrastructure etc. Private car ownership is COSTLY, and not only to the car owners but to many of the other people who do not own cars but have no choice but to live with them.

2) Due to 1), car ownership, and more pertinently, car usage, cannot keep increasing infinitely in land scarce Singapore. Otherwise, traffic will merely grind to a halt and the assault to the living environment will be intolerable. I still want relatively good driving conditions and some green space for my kids to run around safely.

3) The way to do this is not to keep building roads, but curtail car ownership and usage. COE and import tax curtail ownership, petrol tax and ERP curtail usage.

Fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.