10 yrs ago we all shot in film cameras....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
and now many are shooting in digital cameras, and probably would not touch a film camera anymore. I wonder what would happen 10 years later, as in 2014? Would another technology overtake and obsolete digital cameras? And no one will ever bother things such as the CF cards/ white balance/ photoshop/ etc?

Maybe some device to retrieve what your eyes saw previously and download that to the computer. No more missed moments. All the dynamic range you can get. Saw that beautiful sunset/alpenglow/girl/whatever but didn't have a camera/shot with wrong settings/etc? No problem. Go home, plug in and retrieve. ;p

Regards
CK

perhaps in 2014 we can use or phone to snap SLR quality picuters as well as video and automatically store them on a central photo archive. Videos included and retrive it anywhere any time. Forward to a TV near you to play back the moments and with the press of a button display them on all our LCD photo frames at home.

10 years later, my EOS1? will be inplanted in my brain and my new 8-2400mm .09f L will be in a form of a contact lens.

the red ring will be circled around my eyes in showcase its an L lens

Belle&Sebastain said:
10 years later, my EOS1? will be inplanted in my brain and my new 8-2400mm .09f L will be in a form of a contact lens.

the red ring will be circled around my eyes in showcase its an L lens

For a moment I had this impression that 8-2400mm was implanted somewhere else...... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

10 yrs later I will still be taking pictures. that's for sure.
with what ? we really don't know perhaps I really won't be bothered ~

Tsk tsk :nono:

In 10 yrs time we'll be shooting with digital LF backs!! Who cares for DSLRs anymore :devil:

10yrs ago while ppl shooting film and wonder what they will use today...20yrs ago while ppl shooting film and wonder what they will use 10yrs ago... humm. i'm really confused. hehee.

Astin said:
and now many are shooting in digital cameras, and probably would not touch a film camera anymore. I wonder what would happen 10 years later, as in 2014? Would another technology overtake and obsolete digital cameras? And no one will ever bother things such as the CF cards/ white balance/ photoshop/ etc?

It's funny that you just brought this up. i just had an request to shoot a wedding on film, and (since it's not my ricebowl) i squirmed my way out of it. There ARE folks out there who still insist on film.

ST1100 said:
It's funny that you just brought this up. i just had an request to shoot a wedding on film, and (since it's not my ricebowl) i squirmed my way out of it. There ARE folks out there who still insist on film.

pass to me man....

Wandering 10yrs later do we still keep our DSLR?? :think:

why are we able to recover lost text like suntze and i-ching? it was becos they where caft on turtle shell, bones, bamboo etc. We still have many old photo, record in national archive in micro film. Why?

imagine the painting kena eaten by termites, lost text etc, still can see like your grandmother photograph, scratch, yellow but you can figure out the text or your grandmother. Imagine if data lose or sometime a bad sector in media meaning bye bye. You can tell by looking at it, you need to try retrieving them if you still have the reader etc.

And ofcos, there is this thing in film call grain, it simple more alive :D

ckiang said:
Maybe some device to retrieve what your eyes saw previously and download that to the computer. No more missed moments. All the dynamic range you can get. Saw that beautiful sunset/alpenglow/girl/whatever but didn't have a camera/shot with wrong settings/etc? No problem. Go home, plug in and retrieve. ;p

Regards
CK

WA!!!....like that photographers eat grass leow..... :cry:
i think i must start to learn how to repair computers leow.... :think:

CG will come a long way 10 years later. With superfast comps, you just creat scenes and put in your models with a computer graphic programme.

Digital photography replaced by CG. Laptops replace cameras.

For the less creative ones, there'll be scenes to choose from to compose a photo just like jigsaw puzzles.

We can have sunset in a rainy day, rainbow in a night sky, Champs-ElysÈes in Chinatwon and Grand Boulevards in Toa Payoh liao. Heheh!

Status
Not open for further replies.