10 ways to stop those Sales Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lensman

Feb 12, 2002
Singapore & Hong Kong
1) After the telemarketer finishes speaking, ask him/her to marry you.

2) Tell the telemarketer you are busy at the moment, and ask him/her if he/she will give you his/her home phone number so you can call him/her back.

3) Ask them to repeat everything they say, several times.

4) Tell them it is dinner time, BUT ask if they would please hold. Put them on your speaker phone while you continue to eat at your leisure. Smack your food loudly and continue with your dinner conversation.

5) Tell them that all business goes through your agent, and hand the phone to your five year old child.

6) Tell them you are hard of hearing and that they need to speak up...louder...louder...louder!

7) Tell them to speak very slowly because you want to write every word down.

8) If they start out with, "How are you today?",say "I'm so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems............"

9) Cry out in surprise, "Helen, is that you? I've been hoping you'd call! How is the family?" When they insist they are not Helen, tell them to stop joking. This works especially well if the telemarketer is really MALE.

10) Tell the HSBC (or whichever credit card scamer company rep) call center guy to call on your office number - and give him the ICICI call center number or the number of their competitor

if only singapore had more telemarketers :(

Someone called me in the middle of lecture and babbled out something so fast, so monotonous, so mechanical that I can't understand what she's saying. ;(

So I replied in same way "I'm busy now". She immediately hung up. :think:

if only singapore had more telemarketers :(

you got no idea how many calls i get from these everyday... esp those with fake accents and really pesky continuous calling...

my way...

1) hear someone sound like it, sorry he not around at the moment...
2) if someone say, are you the manager? then i go, ya, but i am busy now, bye...
3) if they call back again, continue the disappearing act...
4) if they ask for someone else, then say, my company really small, i am the only one around

sometimes really suay to receive such calls, so nowadays we just listen, ask wats up, then hang up... nuff said... but sometimes accidentally hang up customers... hahaha...

no. I won't spare them the courtesy of a run around.

They are very bo-chap, even if you tell them you are not interested and that you are overseas now, expensive ROAMING calls, plus put on do not call list.

So far, MAYBANK sui. Have a form signed by me, saying no telemarketer's call allowed. They never called.

Worse bugger - DBS Bank, Citibank, Insurance (NTUC & one other I can't remember).

no. I won't spare them the courtesy of a run around.

They are very bo-chap, even if you tell them you are not interested and that you are overseas now, expensive ROAMING calls, plus put on do not call list.

So far, MAYBANK sui. Have a form signed by me, saying no telemarketer's call allowed. They never called.

Worse bugger - DBS Bank, Citibank, Insurance (NTUC & one other I can't remember).

mine is those foreign investment stuff... always say wat share information with me... waste time...

easy..."hello, this is XXX Police station, I am tracing your call!"

They are just trying to make a living, why waste their time, just say no and hang up immediately

I had a storeman on construction site (yes, all the rough people) once, who said something like "this is Balestier Rd Singapore casket, how many coffins do you want?". That was a long time ago during the Pager age, & the caller asked "siang-ka-pager?"

Maybe once of these days can try. Getting more & more annoying.

So far I've read through Mr Brown, linked to another site, someone stringing along a telesales call from the "Rolex Building" at Orchard Rd. Hilarious.

Just tell them you are unemployed.

100% works :(

Tried this once at a Ngee Ann City 'holiday resale' (because they are NOT TimeShare) company. Didnt bother me anymore.

you got no idea how many calls i get from these everyday... esp those with fake accents and really pesky continuous calling...

Those accents could have come from overseas call centers. I've frequently heard Indian accents.

Hi,

In Australia we have this .......

"A NATIONAL "Do Not Call Register" to protect people from annoying telemarketers has started operation.

The register has been set up by the Federal Government in response to increasing community concern over the growth in unsolicited sales calls.

People can choose to not receive a range of telemarketing calls by listing their home and mobile numbers on the register for free.

Telemarketers must respect the register or face fines".

I subscribed to it a couple of months ago and I don't get any of those telemarket calls :thumbsup:

Maybe all countries should do it ;)

Cheers :)

Those accents could have come from overseas call centers. I've frequently heard Indian accents.

well you get them from Philipine and bangkok too...usually this are those con-artist Bucket shop that we use to have in Singapore trying to sell you stocks and shares. Buying the share is not the problem...trying to sell them back...that is where you nightmare begins.

What I do is...bang the phone down after telling them to stop this over use con game ...OR I would act as interested as I could and talk talk talk ( daggle a carrot at their face)....for 30minutes or more...some would call back a few times from junior callers, then their supervisor and then their manager till I hit the motherload and speak to some white trash angmo who are the real crooks in this shady deals..then I will drag it out for another 30 minute or more and then reveal why I did it to say I waste their IDD call listening to their con game and usually I get a lot of vulgar cursing and swearing at me then I call him "my sucker bit*h" and bang the phone down heeeee

It is very therapeutice actually to get back at them once in a while I have to say.

When I hear female voice, I tell the telemarketer I am looking for swimwear models and whether she likes to pose free for me or not.

I don't know why they always bang down the phone quick quick one. :bsmilie:

There are plenty these days.. they will start with a "Hi, you've won a lucky draw at .... "

Status
Not open for further replies.