10 Monkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
There was a room with 10 monkeys.

In the centre of the room hangs a bunch of bananas.

However, when a monkey reaches for a banana, water is sprayed at the remaining 9 monkeys. And often the monkey that reaches out for the banana gets whacked by the other 9.

Soon, one monkey is taken out, and another put in. Of course, the new monkey reached for the bananas, the others began to whack him furiously.

This let the new monkey know he's not supposed to go for the bananas.

Soon, another monkey is taken out and a new one placed in. Similarly the scenario reenacted. The new monkey got whack by 9 of the monkeys, of which included the not-so-new monkey that just joined in even though it didn't understand why the need to whack the new monkey.

Everything was repeated, and soon the room held 10 monkeys that whacks any monkey that tries to reach for the banana. No monkey ever knew the reason to why they should do it. They just do.

And everyday in my office I see a new monkey reaching for the banana. Sigh.

so itziz some office politics ?

I love bananas ..
:bsmilie:

sounded like some high IQqns...

why not all 10 monkey jump and grab the bananas all togehter?

or.

They should just wait for the bananas to drop on their own?

i think its normal for the new monkey to get whack by the older monkeys...cos the newbie doesnt know that he cant take the bananas.
what is worse is that the older monkeys, who got whacked for taking the bananas previously, still go and tries to grab the bananas, despite repeatedly getting keropoked by the other 9...
never learn lesson....like wat they say, never see coffin, never shed tears.

Well said codling. Perhaps I should send this post/thread to the one that's trying to take bananas now. :)

And then.....
Soon 1 monkey becomes the leader of the 10 monkeys, and organize teamwork, stop the fighting among the monkeys, and get some monkeys to fix the water spray so no water will come out, then get some monkeys to take the bananas and share the fruits.
1984?

espn said:
Well said codling. Perhaps I should send this post/thread to the one that's trying to take bananas now. :)

Why not be the one who hang out the bananas? :bsmilie:

Astin said:
And then.....
Soon 1 monkey becomes the leader of the 10 monkeys, and organize teamwork, stop the fighting among the monkeys, and get some monkeys to fix the water spray so no water will come out, then get some monkeys to take the bananas and share the fruits.
1984?

And it will call itself "The Monkey King" and re-appoint itself every 10 years and levy taxes and charges to the rest of monkeys and also marry the most beautiful monkey among the 9?

i think he is referring to the Ministries ......

Status
Not open for further replies.