$10 Digital Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbesyeo

Feb 16, 2005
Singapore
www.sxc.hu
http://www.elephantstaircase.com/wiki/index.php?title=TenDollarDigitalCamera

"Most digital cameras are expensive so you don't want to take them places they might get wet, muddy, lost or broken. With this cheap digital camera you can get decent pictures and take it with you wherever you go without having to worry about losing it or breaking it."

I wonder if such disposal digital cameras are available in S'pore? :think:

Hobbesyeo said:
http://www.elephantstaircase.com/wiki/index.php?title=TenDollarDigitalCamera

"Most digital cameras are expensive so you don't want to take them places they might get wet, muddy, lost or broken. With this cheap digital camera you can get decent pictures and take it with you wherever you go without having to worry about losing it or breaking it."

I wonder if such disposal digital cameras are available in S'pore? :think:
I read about that disposable digital camera before. It is really disposable, so when the memory is full (can't use external memory card), the camera will not take anymore photo. And AFAIK, you can't download it to PC. You only can print and dispose it (or return it to Ritz).

But, I hear too that some hacker can reusable that disposable camera :bsmilie: .

For USD 10 and hack, that's really steal man... :bsmilie: .

I don't know whether it is available in Singapore.

BTW, did anyone know how much is film disposable camera? I am thinking to rip its flash and build something like macro flash :think: .

Regards,
Arto.

electronics being reusable components, why would they want to make it disposable? :dunno:

yanyewkay said:
electronics being reusable components, why would they want to make it disposable? :dunno:

It's not really disposable in the sense that you throw it away after you use it. Its more like you return the camera to the shop to get the pictures developed but you don't get to keep the camera. The camera is recycled by the shop for other users.

yanyewkay said:

It isn't really disposable in that sense.

When you return it for the film/data to be processed, the store keeps the camera and sends it back to be recycled. They don't throw it away.

If you choose not to return the camera, you can't get your prints (unless you hack it) which is beyond the average consumer.

That's how disposable film cameras work, and this digital version is basically following suit.

aahhhh.. then this is a good marketing strategy. it's more like I rent the camera to you but you must print it at participating shops.

MI3 camera

self destruct in 5 sec ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.