10 days Tour JiuZhaiGou (Sichuan, China) March 2010

MomentoEverlast

Jan 20, 2008
Hi All,

Anyone keen to join the 10 days tour to JiuZhaiGou leaving on 13 March?
The tour is organised by Chan Brothers and the tour is led by mediacorp artiste Quan Yi Fong.
I have called up the agency today and currently there are 11 confirmed for the 13 March departure. The whole package cost is S$1,516 inclu. taxes for twin sharing.
There is a return domestic flight to JiuZhaiGou via Air China from Chendu on the 1st and 3rd day.

*There will be an additional 500 yuan for additional side trips to panda reserve (optional).

Here is the link:
http://www.chanbrothers.com/static/microsite/Jiuzhaigou_QuanYiFong/Jiuzhaigou_QuanYiFong.cfm

masthead.jpg

Any CSers have been there on a similar trip and would like to share their overall costs and other tips?

Last edited:
i just went in december. i went for the additional panda tour, paying the company 200 yuan. When I was shopping around Chengdu, I found out that the local agencies were only charging 60 yuan for the panda tour, including pickup to and fro my hotel to the panda reserve.

I saw most Travel Agents in Chengdu's guesthouse doing the half day Panda trip for only 50yuan.

However, I did San Xing Dui + Panda for RMB200.

From Chengdu you can book a 3d/2n jiuzhaigou tour for about RMB2000 to RMB2200 (inclusive of air tickets and airport taxes from Chengdu to JiuHuang Airport). Price includes air ticket, taxes, 2 nights accomodation in Jiuzhaigou, entrance fee to Huang Long and Jiuzhaigou, plus ALL meals.

i just went in december. i went for the additional panda tour, paying the company 200 yuan. When I was shopping around Chengdu, I found out that the local agencies were only charging 60 yuan for the panda tour, including pickup to and fro my hotel to the panda reserve.

I saw most Travel Agents in Chengdu's guesthouse doing the half day Panda trip for only 50yuan.

However, I did San Xing Dui + Panda for RMB200.

From Chengdu you can book a 3d/2n jiuzhaigou tour for about RMB2000 to RMB2200 (inclusive of air tickets and airport taxes from Chengdu to JiuHuang Airport). Price includes air ticket, taxes, 2 nights accomodation in Jiuzhaigou, entrance fee to Huang Long and Jiuzhaigou, plus ALL meals.

Thanks hypern & Pauche for your feedback, your valuable info is most welcome.

I am considering a self plan trip in March to save costs.

Last edited:
Thanks hypern & Pauche for your feedback, your valuable info is most welcome.

I am considering a self plan trip in March to save costs.

a self-plan trip in china may not necessary save costs as compared to a packaged tour. my trip with ASA in December was $1098 per pax for twin-sharing, staying at Intercontinental hotel in JiuZhaiGou; of course the season I travelled is the off-peak for JZG, so it might be cheaper. the downside with packaged tour is that the "shopping" trips for medicine, tea and jewellery is mandatory.

as long as you don't join the additional tours that are payable, you should be fine with packaged tours if costs is your primary concern.

I went to the panda reserve last year Nov. 2 yuan for the bus from bus staion and paid 60 yuan for the entrance ticket. I also had been to Jiuzhaigou in Mar in 2005. Still cover in snow and ice. If you want to save cost, join the tour in Chengdu. Mar is still off peak in Jiuzhaigou.

I will be there from March 15 onwards. Covering Chengdu-JZG. At JZG I will be staying at Zhuo Ma's Homestay (1N) at Sheraton (2N). I heard 2 other s'poreans will be at ZM's around the same time?

Any one want to partner ? I be going in March too .

Will visit sichuan + chongqing .

Huanglong , Hailuoguo and Jiuzhaoguo a must visit .
4 sister mountain + kading or daocheng yading .
Go GO GO:)

Contact me at 97369183 if interested. I go for value tour
with good food and value hotels.