Status
Not open for further replies.

meepokman

Mar 30, 2004
all around the world
www.yclim.net
10 days Project #1 (11th April - 21st April): Shoes

What is the 10 day project?

The 10 days project is initiated by me and is in the trial stage. Basically, a new theme is named every 10 days and all members are invited to submit photos and post it in the thread. It is nothing new as many other photography forums are doing something similar.

Objectives of the Project.

There are a few objectives to this project:

1. To 'motivate' ourselves to look at simple and daily life items with a different perpective.
  2. To promote interaction within members.
  3. Exchange ideas and look at how different people approach the same theme.
  4. Not to allow our cameras to collect dust.

What kind of pictures to submit?

Basically, the Project is meant to be fun. Photos of 'all quality' are welcomed. It doesn't mean you can't submit because you just started out or you own a real cheapo camera. What is important is the idea and concept behind the camera and not what credentials you have or how much your camera cost.

In short, there is no minimum standard required. All pictures are welcomed (as long as it fits the theme).

Who can participate?

As mentioned in the previous section, everyone and anyone can participate. Amateurs to Professionals are all welcomed.

How to participate?

You participate simply by taking a picture that fits the theme and post it in the thread. That simple :)

But try not to flood the thread (by submitting numerous posts). I thank you if you are extremely enthusiastic about the project but lets try to give others a chance to participate as well. We wouldn't to deny anyone a chance to participate would we :) So let's try to limit to 1-3 posts per person.

And please post before the closing date.

What happens to the pictures at the end?

Nothing happens to the pictures, it just remains in the thread. Hopefully, the thread can survive the test of time and reamin here for years to come. It is afterall a group effort.

Some may have concerns that this is just a commercial hoax. I assure you that I have nothing to gain from this other than an enriching experience. And I hope to share this with my fellow Singaporean photographers.

But what probably can happen is if a kind soul could consolidate all the pictures and make it into a big mozaic. :)

What do I get at the end of the Project?

This is not a competition to find out who is the best photographer or which is the best picture. It is an avenue for ideas to cross boundaries. The greatest price the Project can give is an eye-opening and rewarding experience.

10 days Project #1 (11th April - 21st April): Shoes

The theme for the first 10 days project is SHOES.

I personally hope we can start something here. Looking forward to all the pictures :)

Why not after the completion of the project, suggest to ask the editor of PHOTOi to select a few shots for publication? :dunno:

To promote photographers in Singapore and act as a motivation for all to loook at things differently ... :D

Or this can be one of the theme for the monthly contest liao ... :think:

Let's get the ball rolling.. don't just talk and no action! :D

Taken in Langkawi.. at the black sand beach

27814987.jpg

chelsea said:
Let's get the ball rolling.. don't just talk and no action! :D

Taken in Langkawi.. at the black sand beach

Hey Chelsea, I have something similar to that too :) I think it wouldn't be quite right if the project and thread initiator doesn't contribute right?

shoes.jpg

This was taken whilst on assignment for a wedding dinner. The relatives of the groom was just standing in a circle after the dinner. They were all looking at the floor, thus I went over to check out what they were looking at.

Well, women will be women. They were admiring each other's shoes and comparing prices. sigh....women.....

KNIGHT ONG said:
Why not after the completion of the project, suggest to ask the editor of PHOTOi to select a few shots for publication? :dunno:

To promote photographers in Singapore and act as a motivation for all to loook at things differently ... :D

Or this can be one of the theme for the monthly contest liao ... :think:

Hi Knight Ong,

I personally feel that contest and publication might make this project 'less condusive'. It might create undesirable stress on fellow members -> amateurs may not dare to post as they are scared to 'malu' themselves, while Pros may start dishing out their best works in this project. This may defeat the objectives of this project :)

Anyway, this project is still in its infant stage. Let's just see how it evolves ;) But we will all keep your suggestion in mind.

27816507.jpg

;)

Cinderalla Shoes...

DSC0406.jpg

Taken with a Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D :)

yea i have shoes pic too!! :D i was lucky to snap this pic just 5 secs before i was being chased out by the sales-girl in adidas boutique at orchard. hee~ not very good though :sweatsm: :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

walks_for_life.jpg

here you go ....

red-sneaker.jpg

:) the idea sounds very lomographic. :p

UL_814197_10718552973_l.jpg

UL_814197_10781560355_l.jpg

even the cat like my shoe. :p
UL_814197_10760890743_l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.