1 to 1 exchange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
Just wondering...

If your warranty says, 1 to 1 exchange, and they tell u no stock for the item, and need to send for repair which takes 1 month, and then they give u a super inferior replacement (lower specs one).

So if i request for an upgrade, is it ok? felt damn sianz... next time see 1 to 1 exchange must see company also... :angry:

emailed them yesterday no reply yet... sekali like my previous RMA, warranty not over, until warranty over yet not repaired, then still wanna charge me, lost of use for 1.5months...

Bro, is it the same as those reported in DPReview forum :sweat:
replacement with H5???

zcf said:
Bro, is it the same as those reported in DPReview forum :sweat:
replacement with H5???

H5?

bo lah, this 1 in kopitiam... hehe... actually is my videocard... distributor say no stock and ATI dun sell well, so they dun keep buffer, so wat? u promise 1 to 1 exchange in the warranty mah... not i force 1, then got 3 year warranty... imagine next year spoil again... sian beh...

actually still find philips service solid lor... i bought on saturday, then i send email to them that my LCD monitor got smoke when i on (but still usable, later bo smoke), they monday send a truck over & gimme a replacement monitor to a newer version... auto upgrade. :thumbsup: tats y all my monitor is Philips... bought about 10 for office liao, still going on well... others are Dell...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
H5?

bo lah, this 1 in kopitiam... hehe... actually is my videocard... distributor say no stock and ATI dun sell well, so they dun keep buffer, so wat? u promise 1 to 1 exchange in the warranty mah... not i force 1, then got 3 year warranty... imagine next year spoil again... sian beh...

actually still find philips service solid lor... i bought on saturday, then i send email to them that my LCD monitor got smoke when i on (but still usable, later bo smoke), they monday send a truck over & gimme a replacement monitor to a newer version... auto upgrade. :thumbsup: tats y all my monitor is Philips... bought about 10 for office liao, still going on well... others are Dell...
Thought your 7D got problem :embrass:

Ask them for a temporary loan unit (not too low end) and wait for a higher/same replacement?

Which brand is it, have to keep that distributor in mind also.

zcf said:
Thought your 7D got problem :embrass:

Ask them for a temporary loan unit (not too low end) and wait for a higher/same replacement?

Which brand is it, have to keep that distributor in mind also.

i say here will dio shoot anot?

anyway found in HWZ that the distro cmi liao... jia lat.. no wonder never reply my email...

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1377966

the 'old' one... last time the 'old' one not bad lor, during my 'overclocker' days, i literally change the same mobo 3 times until they surrender (remember me)... but they never really kpkb me, except they just say, i can't change anymore... anyway i got 2 of the same mobo at that time...

here's not EDMW, so no worry, long time didn't follow up on that forum already.
Well, as least they honour the warranty :sweat:

zcf said:
here's not EDMW, so no worry, long time didn't follow up on that forum already.
Well, as least they honour the warranty :sweat:

honour warranty = gimme a 1 to 1 exchange lor, not 1 to 1 downgrade lor... :sticktong

Assuming that there are no other terms and conditions other than the 1-1 exchange, it is the shop's responsibility to keep buffer to do such exchanges. Saying that there is no stock is merely an excuse and does not negate the fact that they have breached the contract. Their obligation is to provide an exchange for an identical item, not a super inferior replacement, and not to send for repair. By not meeting these obligations, they are in breach of contract.

As for whether you can upgrade or not, you may do so at your own option. The shop may or may not allow it, but if they do, and you agree to waive your rights to the 1-1 exchange, then everyone is happy. If they refuse to allow the upgrade, then they are still in breach of their contract.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Just wondering...

If your warranty says, 1 to 1 exchange, and they tell u no stock for the item, and need to send for repair which takes 1 month, and then they give u a super inferior replacement (lower specs one).

So if i request for an upgrade, is it ok? felt damn sianz... next time see 1 to 1 exchange must see company also... :angry:

emailed them yesterday no reply yet... sekali like my previous RMA, warranty not over, until warranty over yet not repaired, then still wanna charge me, lost of use for 1.5months...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

vince123123 said:
Assuming that there are no other terms and conditions other than the 1-1 exchange, it is the shop's responsibility to keep buffer to do such exchanges. Saying that there is no stock is merely an excuse and does not negate the fact that they have breached the contract. Their obligation is to provide an exchange for an identical item, not a super inferior replacement, and not to send for repair. By not meeting these obligations, they are in breach of contract.

As for whether you can upgrade or not, you may do so at your own option. The shop may or may not allow it, but if they do, and you agree to waive your rights to the 1-1 exchange, then everyone is happy. If they refuse to allow the upgrade, then they are still in breach of their contract.

its not the shop, its actually the distributor... worse scenario... anyway they sent me a email for the 'upgrade', its like literally giving them the card & buy a new 1 pricing... :cry:

sianz... think once i sell my Zenitar off, take the money to buy a new GFX... higher specs than the 'upgrade' at the same price...

Hmm okay, its the distributor then :)

In that case, if the upgrade costs as much as a new card, then inform them that if they do not honour their 1-1 exchange, they are in breach of their contract.

Whether or not you wish to sue in Small Claims Tribunal would probably depend on how much effort you want to expend and how much your old card costs.

By the way, I think you may want to start thinking about naming the Distributor. Also, in your email, SOMETIMES, by mentioning that you intend to recount your experiences in a public forum if you are unable to reach satisfactory resolution, it may motivate them to offer you more plalatable terms.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
its not the shop, its actually the distributor... worse scenario... anyway they sent me a email for the 'upgrade', its like literally giving them the card & buy a new 1 pricing... :cry:

sianz... think once i sell my Zenitar off, take the money to buy a new GFX... higher specs than the 'upgrade' at the same price...

vince123123 said:
Hmm okay, its the distributor then :)

In that case, if the upgrade costs as much as a new card, then inform them that if they do not honour their 1-1 exchange, they are in breach of their contract.

Whether or not you wish to sue in Small Claims Tribunal would probably depend on how much effort you want to expend and how much your old card costs.

By the way, I think you may want to start thinking about naming the Distributor. Also, in your email, SOMETIMES, by mentioning that you intend to recount your experiences in a public forum if you are unable to reach satisfactory resolution, it may motivate them to offer you more plalatable terms.

actually the card they offered for upgrade is a old version, only slightly faster than my old card, and they will sell me at about same price as what i see at sls price, which is i lose my current card which have 1 more month warranty... double lost to me imho...

anyway from the looks of it, seems like everybody is all having the same level of services, i think next time i'll take note of distributor when buying a product... good luck to manufacturers...

I just got another idea from the second paragraph of your post - perhaps you could copy the manufacturer in your correspondence so that they are aware of what a "good" job their Singapore distributor is doing.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
actually the card they offered for upgrade is a old version, only slightly faster than my old card, and they will sell me at about same price as what i see at sls price, which is i lose my current card which have 1 more month warranty... double lost to me imho...

anyway from the looks of it, seems like everybody is all having the same level of services, i think next time i'll take note of distributor when buying a product... good luck to manufacturers...

vince123123 said:
I just got another idea from the second paragraph of your post - perhaps you could copy the manufacturer in your correspondence so that they are aware of what a "good" job their Singapore distributor is doing.

ya probably so... (after i get my spare card back) :bsmilie:

My Ati X800 GTO gone case, so does Mobo. Then they change my mobo but vc, quite troublesome a bit. In the end, i got a 850XT as they got no stock for GTO liao :p

BBTM said:
My Ati X800 GTO gone case, so does Mobo. Then they change my mobo but vc, quite troublesome a bit. In the end, i got a 850XT as they got no stock for GTO liao :p

u RMA hk mah... aiya... sianz... think i start emailing to taiwan, wonder if they will tulan anot... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.