1 Gb Mircodrive data just gone.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokrot

Jun 2, 2003
Hi everyone,

I just had a preview on my camera LCD, everything looked good. When I plugged into my USB 2 reader, it read my Microdrive was unformatted!! :eek:

I had a shock of my life when I knew I was gonna lost almost my last two months of shooting (mostly family shoots/Trip). Now trying to recover the data.. Wish me luck.. :(

I know how you feel man... I really do, especially just last week I lost 2GB of RAW images from my CF and they were wedding shots, I managed to recover most of with with only 2 corrupted shots.

Try Image Rescue from Lexar or Rescue Pro from Sandisk.

If all else fails, pass it to me, I'll try to recover for you.

tat sucks... i hope if next time i have assignment... i dun have such luck... btw the lexar image rescue works with product other than from lexar? as in i bought this 2gb CF, den inside comes with image rescue 2, can work with the IBM microdrive?

Image Rescue 2 will work with any USB reader on any card.

Image Rescue 1 will work only with Lexar jumpshot cables and only Lexar Medias.

Oh yeah, most importantly, don't write any more data to it!!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for every effort to help.. Really appreciated it! I managed to recover all my data! :D

Luckily, I had this GetDataBack (FAT version) which was left idling on my previous recovery (didn't recover my previous lost data). I was surprised it worked for my Microdrive.

ESPN: I am sorry, I didn't pass you this program becoz I have totally forgotten about its existence in My "Unused desktop folder" until just now... :embrass:

Thanks again everyone!! :thumbsup: :angel:

tokrot :kok: :kok: :kok: :kok: :kok:

NAH!! I used all my quota of smilies just for you for this post. Heehehehe.

er.... i think u forgot to format ur MD card just after u inserted it into the camera right? i had the same problem last time. managed to recover all my data too.

mervlam said:
er.... i think u forgot to format ur MD card just after u inserted it into the camera right? i had the same problem last time. managed to recover all my data too.

err... I have been using MD for more than a year. It won't work if you do not format it. My best guess of my data corruption would be I took out my MD quickly after shutting down my Cam OR it might be the USB reader which was corrupting the FAT partition on my MD. :think:

espn said:
tokrot
NAH!! I used all my quota of smilies just for you for this post. Heehehehe.

hehehe... :bsmilie: :) :D :blah: :rolleyes:

tokrot said:
err... I have been using MD for more than a year. It won't work if you do not format it. My best guess of my data corruption would be I took out my MD quickly after shutting down my Cam OR it might be the USB reader which was corrupting the FAT partition on my MD. :think:

erm... actually i meant re-formating it...

tokrot said:

your case sounds like the FAT corrupted, sometimes even if you have turn off the camera, it may be still writing to the CF card in the background, so make sure u check the LED light and see if the writing has completed.

for corrupted FAT, most recovery software can fix that...luckily it is not due to bad sector, which is harder to recover. And if the bad sector is at track 0, that will be worse than accidentially delete off all the pic

Wai said:
your case sounds like the FAT corrupted, sometimes even if you have turn off the camera, it may be still writing to the CF card in the background, so make sure u check the LED light and see if the writing has completed.

for corrupted FAT, most recovery software can fix that...luckily it is not due to bad sector, which is harder to recover. And if the bad sector is at track 0, that will be worse than accidentially delete off all the pic

Hi Wai,

Would like to find out from you whether the recovery part on CF would be possible since it's different from MD and is a flash device? Does my recovery program work for CF too? What do you think? :think:

GetDataBack is actually quite good - recovers all files from the CF/Microdrive/USB Pen drive etc... The software from Lexar or Sandisk only recover images and doesn't give you back the file names. GetDataBack recovers all files and gives you the filenames as well.

My IBM Microdrives have the same problem. What I do is to purg the reader to another computer some time just pull out and purg back to same computer. Chances are Window XP failed to find the microdrive dir. If you can view the pictures on your camera then the pictures are still there. Just the computer failed to link up with dir. Or something like that. This the reasons why I have change to solid state card. :sweat:

tokrot said:
Hi Wai,

Would like to find out from you whether the recovery part on CF would be possible since it's different from MD and is a flash device? Does my recovery program work for CF too? What do you think? :think:

check with ESPN, he is the expert now :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.