1.5" LCDs obsolete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain_Amerika

Jan 7, 2005
Question. With the rise of newer models with LCDs ranging from 2 - 2.5 inches.. will this make the 1.5s obsolete? :think:

i mean does it make framing/judgement any better?

duuno but the rest.. for my next camera, i need at least 2" LCD .. makes it easy to review shots..

a bigger LCD wud definitely be an issue in getting one's new d-cam, jus like what TsQ said. I guess this small overhaul spells obsoledity to our current d-cams guys :eek:

Captain_Amerika said:
a bigger LCD wud definitely be an issue in getting one's new d-cam, jus like what TsQ said. I guess this small overhaul spells obsoledity to our current d-cams guys :eek:

Frankly, I wouldnt give a care what size of LCD my next camera is, be it consumer or prosumer or DSLR.

Cos to me, bigger LCD equals shorter battery life.
I perfer to use the viewfinder. and past experience tells me that framing using LCD in sunny day is a problem, (which is why they sell LCD hoods...ugly looking things)

I would perfer a longer battery life, as I hate to have to carry spare batteries when i go shooting from dawn to dusk.

well, i always look thro the viewfinder to take my shots. And preview thro the LCD. Not really bother by the size of the LCD.

ahahh my viewfinder is another LCD. So i don't need LCD hoods. but seriously bigger LCD are indeed better to me. Review pics easier. changing batteries not really big prob since most photogs already carry a camera bag, an extra batt wun do much more damage or space.

ya me too agree, bigger LCD meant nothing much... but to some people who takes casual pics at gatherings, Larger LCD might be more useful, for sharing the pics once they've taken

Captain_Amerika said:
Question. With the rise of newer models with LCDs ranging from 2 - 2.5 inches.. will this make the 1.5s obsolete? :think:

does it hurt you in anyway if they are obsolete?

Belle&Sebatian>4 ur info i can't sleep without knowing the answers. anyway thanks for ur opinions guys. jus food 4 thought. :thumbsup:

Captain_Amerika said:
Belle&Sebatian>4 ur info i can't sleep without knowing the answers. anyway thanks for ur opinions guys. jus food 4 thought. :thumbsup:

just my thought, i love the 2" screen but it will not hurt me in any way if my camera LCD is any smaller than that, heck i have more cameras without an LCD screen and i still use them on a almost daily basis. They are called film cameras by the way.

cheers and do not be so bothered by it unless you are impaired by it, by all means go get yourself a 2 1/2" LCD screen, if you are still worried, i believe there are 3" or bigger screens on video recorders for your needs

i also like captain america !

probably wut Capty was talking about was point and shoot cameras. i noe must of u guys are pros and talking about pro cams; i took a walk ard sim lim just these few days and more n more cameras (consumers..) getting slim and LCDs wider. N looking at newer models made my ol'cam look very crappy :p

point is, i wudnt be surprice if 1.5 lcds (consumer.. again..) wud be 'kinda obsolete' towards the end of this year. probably if anyone out there whos buying a new PNS cam might need to considers this..

Status
Not open for further replies.