1.4X teleconverter opinions/suggestions welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of getting a 1.4X teleconverter for my CANON EF 70-200mm f/4 L. As it is already a f/4 lens, I have scrapped the idea of getting a 2X televeconverter as I will loose 2 stops.

The CANON 1.4X teleconverter is at about $685. A colleague of mine suggested the SIGMA teleconverter which is going at about $250. There is a big price difference between the two of them. Can I please have opinions, suggestions in order for me to decide which to buy. I am more biased towards the SIGMA teleconverter because of the price. Hence, if the quality of the photos taken with the SIGMA teleconverter is about the same as the CANON's, then the SIGMA will be my buy.

TIA for all the comments. :)

from what i know, tink there is one kenko model that is optically as good as the canon counterpart.

user12343 said:
from what i know, tink there is one kenko model that is optically as good as the canon counterpart.
Thanks user12343, may I know how much is it and where can I get it, CP?

no harm giving them a buzz :)

Wow! 1.4X TC at $230! Seems like a good buy. Since KENKO/TELEPLUS is used by a few CS-ers, I think that I will get KENKO/TELEPLUS instead of SIGMA and/or CANON.
Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.