#06-67

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsenGrim

Jan 28, 2008
putting myself up on the chopping board. =D please chop me up.

This shot recevied the best comments of the whole series, so I'll see to get some more experienced comments.

I grew up in 216 Boon Lay AVE #06-67. It used to be my grand parents, my parents and 2 uncles in the house. It was very lively. Ever since my grand parents died, all of us moved out and the apartment was rented out to foreigners. Now it has been repossessed by the government to make way for new apartments. And thus I decided to dedicate a series on my old home before it goes under the wrecking ball.

n1013465660_30061992_8275.jpg

BLK216 Boon Lay Ave #06-67

Part of the Boon Lay, Old Home series.

Very nice series, I'm sure it will bring back alot of memories.

Very nicely shot. Not much wrong about it. Tonal range is lovely.

One minor nitpick though...wish the vertical on the right could be corrected.

Very nicely shot. Not much wrong about it. Tonal range is lovely.

One minor nitpick though...wish the vertical on the right could be corrected.

:thumbsup: my focus was on "06-67" didn't realise the tilt, need to learn from you to be more observant.

my thoughts on how to make this picture pefect was to find some useless brouchers and squeeze them all into the letter box. Showing a sense of no one had been occupying the unit for a very long time. Nevertheless gd shot you have got there.

my thoughts on how to make this picture pefect was to find some useless brouchers and squeeze them all into the letter box. Showing a sense of no one had been occupying the unit for a very long time. Nevertheless gd shot you have got there.

:bsmilie: That's an interesting idea.

thats a nice idea.. but i think less is more.

im not a very good director as of yet. if i squeeze in more, i think it would look orchestrated. maybe next time when i have more directing experience. =DD great idea though. will keep it in mind for other shoots =DDD.

thats a nice idea.. but i think less is more.

im not a very good director as of yet. if i squeeze in more, i think it would look orchestrated. maybe next time when i have more directing experience. =DD great idea though. will keep it in mind for other shoots =DDD.

TS, i dunno abt you, but i always do this when i'm walking around without my camera. I will look out for all possible positions on objects and think how can i further improve it if i have a few elements, namely, "time, camera, light and other nearby resources(which does not involve any $$$)" then i mentally take the pic. Sounds a little like a dazed man on the street but it does certainly aids you in introducing more feel into your future pics. It works for me, maybe you should try as well. ;) And do let me know if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.