¿ Photography Magazines ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snookay

Oct 25, 2006
I've been out of the photography game for a while :dunno: and am planning to get a new camera and studio equipment in the next month.

Im curious to know whats been going on in the industry so i want to subscribe to a few magazines. I was at B & N (barnes..) today looking through all the magizines. There are so many on digital photog these days. just wanted to sorta poll which magazines you have seen to be the most knowledgeable.

TY.

thje 4 mags. i buy regularly are Digital Photo, Practical Photography, Digital Camera World and Digital Photographer.. Also iPhotoVideo, so i can keep track of upcoming events and competitions :) it may not be a fantastic mag. but it's cheap if you go by subscription :)

I've been out of the photography game for a while :dunno: and am planning to get a new camera and studio equipment in the next month.

Im curious to know whats been going on in the industry so i want to subscribe to a few magazines. I was at B & N (barnes..) today looking through all the magizines. There are so many on digital photog these days. just wanted to sorta poll which magazines you have seen to be the most knowledgeable.

TY.

yes, im goint to just subscribe. Thats why im asking which mags. Dont really want to throw down $70 bucks n only get crap in the mail each month. Its hard to choose which to subscribe to based off loooking at 1 months worth of the magazine thats in the store :confused: .

Practical Photography for me.

Practical Photography for me too.. But I only buy selected issues coz some of the topics I am not interested or have been covered before in previous issues liao..

Practical Photography gets my vote too.... :thumbsup:

Try this: 中国摄影家. You will be marvelled by some of the pictures you see. Go to Geylang East National Library to browse through past few issues before deciding.

I agreed. This mag is good too, and the paper they print on is :thumbsup: I think cost more than $13, u can get them at a bookstore on the 1st floor of Bras Basah.. I normally borrow them from NLB though..

Try this: 中国摄影家. You will be marvelled by some of the pictures you see. Go to Geylang East National Library to browse through past few issues before deciding.

Not sure this available in Singapore.

I find that DCM (Digital Camera Magazine) is good, they will teach some tricks and watch out during photoshooting.

Their website, www.dcmag.co.uk.

Actually i bought it from JB, got 2 versions, UK and Msia. Msia version cost you RM8.00 while the other one, i think double the price.

hmmm now im curious about something else. Is on this site from the UK ?:think: Since that is where Practical Photography is base out of.

ill still see if they have it out here in the us

i just recently subscribed for Popular Photography & Imaging. http://www.popphoto.com

subscription is dirt cheap. Borders sells it at $11.90 per issue but if you subscribe, and i'm talking about international subscription, each issue is less than $3! cheaper than Lime or Teenage magazine! :O

most photography magazines, especially like those Practical Photography & Popular Photography, they will recycle the articles after sometime, so subscribe for one year or two is good enough.

If cost is an issue, consider buy old magazines from someone if you don't fancy about latest techno stuffs.

As far as info, technique and more honest reviews go, I'd say generally the British magazines.

I won't touch American magazines, especially those under Petersen's Publications (Popular Photography and Photographic), with a ten-foot pole.

yeap, i subscribe to digital camera magazine too.

some how i find it more useful and informative than practical photography as well..

but either way both are great mags!

i just recently subscribed for Popular Photography & Imaging. http://www.popphoto.com

subscription is dirt cheap. Borders sells it at $11.90 per issue but if you subscribe, and i'm talking about international subscription, each issue is less than $3! cheaper than Lime or Teenage magazine! :O

for this subscription, do you need external reader? i meant the subscription to read online one.

"Digital Subscriptions
The digital edition of Popular Photography & Imaging brings you all of the same top-notch photographic coverage as the print version, but in a new, easy-to-use format with lots of great features. With a digital subscription, you can download each issue even before it hits the newsstand, search issues by keywords, and link to other sites. Plus, there's no paper, so you can take your entire collection with you wherever you go."

for this subscription, do you need external reader? i meant the subscription to read online one.

"Digital Subscriptions
The digital edition of Popular Photography & Imaging brings you all of the same top-notch photographic coverage as the print version, but in a new, easy-to-use format with lots of great features. With a digital subscription, you can download each issue even before it hits the newsstand, search issues by keywords, and link to other sites. Plus, there's no paper, so you can take your entire collection with you wherever you go."

probably in PDF format...

Anyway I prefer hardcopy.
Used to browse the mag in bookstore or borrow from library. But nowadays not readily available in the library I frequent and no time to go bookstore.
For for $3 per issue, it is dirt cheap. May even be cheaper than borrowing from the library considering the travelling cost and parking fees etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.