Thread: Close up shot

Default Close up shot

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given? Composition is it too closed up. (Too Tight) Post Processing (colors and exposure)

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image? Close up photography, Couple moods

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? Picture taken casually after dinner without flash.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image. I do feel this shot is rather too close? I'm still a newbie to photography and would like to know wll these closed up do for closed up shot did i frame it wrongly? and i notice there's a steel bar behind is it distracting?

I welcome all comments, tips and criticism with appreciation.

Default Re: Close up shot

The white balance seems off, seems a bit too orange for me
    Canon 60D | And Legs as Lens to cover every single focal length i ever needs.

Nice .
    The soft approach with the out-of -focus rings gives mood.
    Symbolicly the couple should look towards the same direction to share this moment.
    The girl seems a bit chopped up neck down - perhaps a bit more of her .
    Otherwise , good shot !

white balance is off, and out of focus. this soft out of focus effect doesn't work, because it just blurs everything, and makes it a pain, combined with the overly orange hues, to even look at properly

Hi Thanks for all the C&C I also feel that its on the orangy side as i'm rather new i don't really know whats the best WB for night shoot anyone care to share would be great.
    As i had read up an article on WB i had use mostly cloudy mode for my shoot as suggested by the website dunno whether it works for night or day? My guess would be cloudy will be good for day time? cause i try tungsten its all blue it look nice on lighting shots thought LoL! but not on human subject.

Can anyone advise should on whats the best white balance to shoot in during night shoot without flash? Much appreciate all the respond?

Many Thanks!
    kei1309
    Sylvestri
    XavierShoot

Cheers!

BTW This is the web page that i read up on WB

How to Set White Balance

Quote Originally Posted by DesignSync View Post
    Hi Thanks for all the C&C I also feel that its on the orangy side as i'm rather new i don't really know whats the best WB for night shoot anyone care to share would be great.
    As i had read up an article on WB i had use mostly cloudy mode for my shoot as suggested by the website dunno whether it works for night or day? My guess would be cloudy will be good for day time? cause i try tungsten its all blue it look nice on lighting shots thought LoL! but not on human subject.

Can anyone advise should on whats the best white balance to shoot in during night shoot without flash? Much appreciate all the respond?

Many Thanks!
    kei1309
    Sylvestri
    XavierShoot

Cheers!

BTW This is the web page that i read up on WB

How to Set White Balance
    I ain't no pro, but how will it be like if u use tungsten light WB?

Quote Originally Posted by NewbietoPro View Post
    I ain't no pro, but how will it be like if u use tungsten light WB?
    Hi NewbietoPro,

I tried shooting lighting in tungsten or process my lighting shots in tungsten and they a turn blue?

Attached below a link to my lighting shot using tungsten mode

Hi NewbietoPro,

I tried shooting lighting in tungsten or process my lighting shots in tungsten and they a turn blue?

Attached below a link to my lighting shot using tungsten mode

Tungsten WB corrects warm color casts by adding a cool (blue) color cast into the image. therefore your shots, when the skies are already blue, will become bluer.

wa.. if that is the case, how to salvage this problem for TS?
    Any one can share?

in tungsten lighting, use warm-colored gel over the flash. it'll be easier to tweak the WB in post processing.

for the lighting shot, just use AWB would be good enough.

My few cents.

Watch the W/B. Not sure why AWB did no work in this case. Anyway, you can just select Tungsten WB on the WB setting of the camera.
    Else, if you shot in JPEG and only noticed this after the shot w/o a chance to re-take, change it to B&W

I don't think its called a Close up shot. Close up portrait is probably the better term (your post your call.... )

Yes, OOF steel rod behind the guy is a bit distracting as you have mentioned.
    I find the posing a bit distracting.
    My eye is drawn to the lady/girl, cause she has eye contact.
    No eye contact from the guy, so attention is drawn away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    My few cents.

Watch the W/B. Not sure why AWB did no work in this case. Anyway, you can just select Tungsten WB on the WB setting of the camera.
    Else, if you shot in JPEG and only noticed this after the shot w/o a chance to re-take, change it to B&W

I don't think its called a Close up shot. Close up portrait is probably the better term (your post your call.... )

Yes, OOF steel rod behind the guy is a bit distracting as you have mentioned.
    I find the posing a bit distracting.
    My eye is drawn to the lady/girl, cause she has eye contact.
    No eye contact from the guy, so attention is drawn away from him.

Once again thanks for the tips on WB Kei1309 will try out your suggestion if i use flash i think really must get gel cause my the flash i bought i think too powerful liao for my little KR lol...

Hi pinholecam.. Thanks for the feedback
    Haha ya should be portrait but not sure whether portrait is meanng single subject or can be many lol so i dare not put .
    yup eye contact is lacking will ask subject to wake up he like dreaming la whahaha.

Actually was trying to use the pipe as a leading line but i think wrong angle already...
    do you think i need to calibrate my pentax KR does the photo look soft? i was using 50mm 1.4 prime lens and the AWB seem weird too below i attached another pitcure this one dont look so orange but can you notice that the girl face cause of make up got some reflection although i not using flash. is there a way to treat this form of reflection cause when i took the shot i dun see it only after i load to my PC i notice these issue. any solutions? will be much appreciated.

i forgot to ask... did you use flash?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i forgot to ask... did you use flash?
    Hi Kei1309, No i did not use flash for all the shot on that day cause i did not bring it out

Hi Kei1309, No i did not use flash for all the shot on that day cause i did not bring it out
    then all you needed was to adjust the WB to tungsten.

It's definitely too warm, and is it really in focus? Especially on the eyes?