Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Harvey Norman great camera sale

  1. #1

    Default Harvey Norman great camera sale

    anyone saw any particularly good deals at the sale?

    AT

  2. #2
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default

    nope... its not so called great as it seems... they are still selling D70 at 2288 even though pple are already selling at $1700.. wad do u think leh ???? bo hua la..

    dun even think of it la... visit MS or TCW or Lord's la..... aiyah...

  3. #3
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Smile Hi glennyong

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    nope... its not so called great as it seems... they are still selling D70 at 2288 even though pple are already selling at $1700.. wad do u think leh ???? bo hua la..

    dun even think of it la... visit MS or TCW or Lord's la..... aiyah...
    The price you say of $1700 what currency is that

    I presently sell the D70 for AUS $1970 with std lens, 128mb, bag.
    This is standard price here in my area I think.
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  4. #4

    Default

    the price of D70 kit just drop yesterday here....SGD1700 for Kit.

  5. #5
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default

    yah.. the price did dropped on the global scale la i think... i seen pple saying theres a 100pound drop in the region there... so ya la.. D70 is dropping price...

    something that we should be happy about... there would be further drop in the D70 if i am not wrong....

  6. #6
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by tantingchin
    the price of D70 kit just drop yesterday here....SGD1700 for Kit.
    WOW That is LOW !!!

    I have not heard of ANYONE in Australia remotely close to that price !!!!

    That is the same as AUS $1,346.59

    If I could buy one for that price I would get one tomorrow morning.

    Thanks for the feedback
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    DSLR price is like that one la. Just like the Personal Computer lo.....
    Buy liao then use lo....no need to 'bang balls' after that lo...

  8. #8

    Default

    Oh gee.... And I thot they might do something about the D70 price... Darn... Ok.... Then that save me a trip.... I think even if paying by credit card/instalment plan (add another 3% if I am not wrong) in other shops will still save a bit than buying from HN then....

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Central Singapore (Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    643

    Default

    the price for D70 dropped by around $300... heard it from my some distributors...

    got the news today...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

  10. #10

    Default

    I have not heard of ANYONE in Australia remotely close to that price !!!!

    That is the same as AUS $1,346.59
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!! wowowowowow :|

  11. #11
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Smile Hello Alpc

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpc
    Oh gee.... And I thot they might do something about the D70 price... Darn... Ok.... Then that save me a trip.... I think even if paying by credit card/instalment plan (add another 3% if I am not wrong) in other shops will still save a bit than buying from HN then....
    Where we are, the customer does not pay any difference between buying cash/ installment (finance)/ or credit card.
    It is the law here. A customer can not be penalised by choice of payment.
    Mind you, some companies will say,"less for cash", but they are not really allowed to.
    If I was standing near you in a store and you asked a salesman for a cash price on a D70 and he tells you, I can demand to buy at the same price on finance....it is the law.
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Live and let live

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    Where we are, the customer does not pay any difference between buying cash/ installment (finance)/ or credit card.
    It is the law here. A customer can not be penalised by choice of payment.
    Mind you, some companies will say,"less for cash", but they are not really allowed to.
    If I was standing near you in a store and you asked a salesman for a cash price on a D70 and he tells you, I can demand to buy at the same price on finance....it is the law.
    actually the same law applies here too. it's just that the shops really cut profits down to the margin that if they'll to abosorb the 2-3% charge by the credit companies they wun be able to make a profit enough to stay alive.

    Bigger and established shops factor the cost of this 2-3% into their costs, that's why sometimes they seem a little more expensive.

    Opening a shop is about making a living out of the profit. Live and let live...
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    dun even think of it la... visit MS or TCW or Lord's la..... aiyah...
    Sorry for the OT, may I know where Lord's is? Heard about it bt duno where.

    thanks.

  14. #14
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sumball
    Sorry for the OT, may I know where Lord's is? Heard about it bt duno where.

    thanks.
    Lord's is at Lucky plaza...

    Lucky Plaza #01-79
    304 Orchard Road
    Singapore 238863

    Tel. 62354605


  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    Lord's is at Lucky plaza...

    Lucky Plaza #01-79
    304 Orchard Road
    Singapore 238863

    Tel. 62354605

    Thanks. Shops at Orchard does offer good deal huh? I passed by there b4... ok, shall go in and take a look if I happen to pass by there again.

    cheers!

  16. #16

    Default

    Hey Sumball,

    They are quite nice and helpful people. Visit them and get good discount.

    cheers

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airforce1
    Hey Sumball,

    They are quite nice and helpful people. Visit them and get good discount.

    cheers
    Thanks airforce1, sure will pay them a visit soon.

  18. #18

    Default

    Mind you, if you're in Lucky Plaza, Orchard, then go to Lords and ONLY Lords.. lots of shops in Orchard have got very bad reps, and some have even been blacklisted by STB and CASE.. you've been warned

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Central Singapore (Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Lucky Plaza there are shops called EZ digital, Southern Cross, Lords, Aik Seng... their price are good... go take a look...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    Where we are, the customer does not pay any difference between buying cash/ installment (finance)/ or credit card.
    It is the law here. A customer can not be penalised by choice of payment.
    Mind you, some companies will say,"less for cash", but they are not really allowed to.
    If I was standing near you in a store and you asked a salesman for a cash price on a D70 and he tells you, I can demand to buy at the same price on finance....it is the law.
    Well.... As what yanyewkay says.... It's supposed to be law here as well.... BUT in practice.... it's different... you can demand, they will not sell you the product if you insist on paying via other methods. They will tell you cash only (which can interchange with nets payment), if you refused, they won't sell it to you.

    Have not seen anyone buying after insisting on "cash price" but payable via other methods yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •