Thread: POWERBOAT RACING BACK AT THE MARINA BAY!!!! (18 to 20 November 2011)

Default POWERBOAT RACING BACK AT THE MARINA BAY!!!! (18 to 20 November 2011)

POWERBOAT RACING BACK AT THE MARINA BAY!!!!

F1H2O Nations Cup will be held from 18th to 20th November at the Marina Bay after the last race held there in 2005.

The F1H2O Nations Cup is conducted on the same race format as the F1H2O Powerboat World Championship. The difference is that it will be a competition between NATIONS instead of teams. Another difference is that the boats, engines and propellers used are similar and it will be the skill of the pilots that matters. At each event, at least 20 drivers representing minimum 10 nations will participate

F1H2O Nations Cup Singapore 2011

Time for great photos of fast and furious powerboat going at 250 km/h across shifting waters and waves, without the use of brakes or gears, and with hairpin turns and twists generate forces up to 3G.

Time to bring out those long lenses !!!!!

MarinerGT
    KM7D / CZ16-80 / 70-210mm / 300mm 2.8 / 1.4TC / 100mm 2.8 macro

Default Re: POWERBOAT RACING BACK AT THE MARINA BAY!!!! (18 to 20 November 2011)

This is a job for the Bigma.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner64 View Post
    POWERBOAT RACING BACK AT THE MARINA BAY!!!!

F1H2O Nations Cup will be held from 18th to 20th November at the Marina Bay after the last race held there in 2005.

The F1H2O Nations Cup is conducted on the same race format as the F1H2O Powerboat World Championship. The difference is that it will be a competition between NATIONS instead of teams. Another difference is that the boats, engines and propellers used are similar and it will be the skill of the pilots that matters. At each event, at least 20 drivers representing minimum 10 nations will participate

F1H2O Nations Cup Singapore 2011

Time for great photos of fast and furious powerboat going at 250 km/h across shifting waters and waves, without the use of brakes or gears, and with hairpin turns and twists generate forces up to 3G.

Time to bring out those long lenses !!!!!

MarinerGT
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Default Re: POWERBOAT RACING BACK AT THE MARINA BAY!!!! (18 to 20 November 2011)

Thanks for the info. Yeah, long lenses will be needed on this event.. it will be 80-100 meters away from any vantage point around the bay according to the course map.
    Canon 550D /18-135/50 1.8/75-300 USM III/10-22/70-200 f2.8L IS II/

Need tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie View Post
    Need tickets?
    do your search on the website and you'll find the information:

F1h2o Nations Cup - Info | Facebook

I think you need tickets if you want to get into the pit area at the Floating Platform and watch the action on the area up close.

However, if you are just watching it around the bay area I do not think you will need a ticket to just stand around at the promenade overlooking the Marina Bay where the race will be taking place.

However, best to check out the website if you need to be sure.

Mariner64
    KM7D / CZ16-80 / 70-210mm / 300mm 2.8 / 1.4TC / 100mm 2.8 macro