Thread: Which one should i choose, EP-L3 or GF3

Default Which one should i choose, EP-L3 or GF3

As title, Gf birthday soon, hope to buy her a new cam. Myself Like the pencake lense from pan. So would like to get some advise from u all. Thanks

Default Re: Which one should i choose, EP-L3 or GF3

Quote Originally Posted by martincvk View Post
    As title, Gf birthday soon, hope to buy her a new cam. Myself Like the pencake lense from pan. So would like to get some advise from u all. Thanks
    you like the lenses or SHE likes the lenses. it seems like you're trying to benefit here or something. i must applaud you for your shamelessness.

but i would go with the E-PL3.

hope she doesn't break up with you and keeps the camera.

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by martincvk
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/1111/11...gx1preview.asp

You sure you don't want to wait?

OMG ... =.= its getting hard to choose.. release ady issit?! what is the price likely to be...

EPL3 is the better camera between the 2. But GF3 is cheaper.
    If your GF only using it like a pns, then just get GF3.
    If more advanced than that and you don't mind the cost, then EPL3.

There is also the GX1 as mentioned above

just buy your gf a pink p & s la.

they use it to cam whore anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by martincvk View Post
    OMG ... =.= its getting hard to choose.. release ady issit?! what is the price likely to be...
    why don't you do a little search on the internet for the price. we're not know-it-alls.

just get her a PNS.

Ask her which camera she like, then ask her buy herself. For present, just buy $5 screen protector for her camera.

Unless is really steady gf, why need to buy $800-$1000 present for her...?

Of course she is my steady gf (Marry person) ... haha~

If she likes a classic looking camera, then you could try the EP3 (heaps of accessories - love the half cases) else I think a GF3 would actually work quite well as everything is almost touch screen related. Has this niffy button that changes between auto (iIntelligent) and manual. Very easy to use. That and I think its a tad bit cheaper too.

Buy a camera regardless if she's the "marry" type. Sometimes the willingness to just spend for you loved ones goes a long way

Bring ur girlfriend down to the shop and let her try out the cameras. I mean, no one here would know what your girlfriend wants in her camera and at this time and age, surprise gift is kind of... er... offbeat... not to mention a bit silly... if it was just a dozen roses, then by all means, get it. It is a camera for goodness sake, who can know what your GF prefer... be it weigh, ergonomic and stuff... and who knows, she might go for a A77 or a NEX-5N... or even a DSLR.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth
    just buy your gf a pink p & s la.

they use it to cam whore anyway.
    Erm.........."they"?
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya

Erm.........."they"?
    Most girls that I know are that category. I know that seems stereotyping but that's what I noticed.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Decide if she is into photography or not. Specs is one thing but ease of use or keep is more impt to some. You have to observe her style of using camera or her character. Is she the one after specs? If not then a smaller easier to use model might suit her better. Otherwise get the one with better specs.

I can hear the camera makers and brand all jumping and cheering. Nowadays everybody just want a better/bigger/cooler camera.

Does she like photography? If not..is she willing to pick up? is she interested? Or would u even get scolding such that "you better off spend that money buying something else for me etc etc".

If i were you. I'll first consult her whether she want a camera. Not sure if you did already.. and yes i know..then there might be no surprise already. but ill rather be safe than sorry. Especially if this is her first camera.
    Last edited by TWmilkteaTW; 22nd November 2011 at 11:20 AM.

EPL3 wld prob be more appealing.
    I have a near-mint Olympus E-620 Underwater Case for Sale. PM me for a great deal!

Size is very important. So i guess GX1 is out of the picture. I love the art filters in EPL3, not sure if GF3 is having any. Lens wise, you can fit a panny lens on olympus. so no worry. But like the others said, just buy her Canon IXUS or something in the range if she is not into photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Fudou
    Size is very important. So i guess GX1 is out of the picture. I love the art filters in EPL3, not sure if GF3 is having any. Lens wise, you can fit a panny lens on olympus. so no worry. But like the others said, just buy her Canon IXUS or something in the range if she is not into photography.
    I like the powershot s95.

And the fuji x100, and the epl, and the nex5n.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    I like the powershot s95.

And the fuji x100, and the epl, and the nex5n.
    i have the NEX9, X1 and E-PL5. i also have the GF10 and the D5s