Thread: How would u define old English style?

Default How would u define old English style?

I have been thinking of shooting old English stuff ...but dun know how to define what it is....a picture in my mind will be a old lane between two rows of shops....with classic bronze designed lampposts...inside the shop....dark wood...dim lighting.....antiques...wooden furnitures,tall clocks, jewellery....any ideas to define old English stuff and can we find them in Singapore?

i am going to sentosa to shoot ...landscape...beach ..buildings...etc....

interested in joining us? tis sunday...
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Err...whre can you find an English Lane with close set buildings here in Singapore?

The Tudor-style architecture at Cuppage Terrace might give you a bit of that British flavour, though it might not be entirely authentic or appropriate. But it however is readily recognizable.

There should be a few more structures/houses built by the British around. I guess that's the only "Old English" feel I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybird
    I have been thinking of shooting old English stuff ...but dun know how to define what it is....a picture in my mind will be a old lane between two rows of shops....with classic bronze designed lampposts...inside the shop....dark wood...dim lighting.....antiques...wooden furnitures,tall clocks, jewellery....any ideas to define old English stuff and can we find them in Singapore?
    old lane between shops with classic bronze lamposts - doesnt exist in singapore.

interior with dark wood and dim lighting, antiques, wooden furniture - can try the tavern at tanglin club, or other old english pubs/restaurants.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

medieval?
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Lightbulb

i think you will have better luck and success in finding such English styled pubs or restaurants or homes in Fraser's hills. In S'pore, try those Hainanese owned and operated pubs and restaurants like Jacks.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 6th November 2004 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks a lot guys....Fraser's Hill...Tanglin Club...Cuppage Terrace....I should try till I get the chance to go Europe...Can I get a general opinion of what u guys feel about English style..? High class, country feel, antique? What else.....

Coldbar....mmm....greasy fries.... :D...
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Lightbulb

me, an English lady with heavy makeup, tattoos, metallic rings on her nxxxxxx and cxxx and in garter belts and black tights, standing next to an English bulldog on a leather leash. Location: in a English pub with heavy leather furnitures and, of course, serving English beers and ales.

with a little inspiration from beer, you might try Penny Black at Boat Quay. Hope you are not underaged. If you are, the facade of it is quite English style. Do it during their closing hours. Free.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 6th November 2004 at 09:07 PM.

Barmaids with two jugs of beer?
    Speaking cockney no less....

Lightbulb

yes, you bet.