Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Preview: Panasonic GX-1

Default Re: Preview: Panasonic GX-1

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    digital life today says $1,299 (with 14-42mm X lens)
    my guess is that this is list price
    That's like the launch price of GF1 w/ 14-45 Kit ...

Hey !! I am in hong kong now and laid my hands on the gx-1. The store I was in asked for hk$6390 which is about s$1188... Comes with x lens 14-42..

He claims international warranty.

Should I get it?

Quote Originally Posted by burpiebong View Post
    Hey !! I am in hong kong now and laid my hands on the gx-1. The store I was in asked for hk$6390 which is about s$1188... Comes with x lens 14-42..

He claims international warranty.

Should I get it?
    If i'm not mistaken, there isn't international warranty for Panasonic products bought in HK or China. Rather, it's a local warranty only applicable to the afore mentioned places.

Not a bad price tho!

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    I liked GF1 better than G3 too when I only played G3 for a short while. But after I played the camera for a while longer, it just works better for me, well, except the look. And I still think GF1 looks better than GX-1.
    Definitely agree with you on the looks! The handgrip on the GX-1 may be good ergonomics, but looks a a grotesque cancerous growth on the face of a beauty. Panasonic should have retain the minimalistic grip on the GF1, perhaps with a little accentuation.

Blog Entries

actually i just returned from a 3 week trip in Shanghai, Xi'an and Beijing with the editorial review set of this camera

at first i wasn't too hot about that grip but after just a couple of days, it served its ergonomic purpose especially when shooting one-handed in cold weather .... certainly feels alot safer in the hand

btw I'll be posting sample hands-on images with this cam this evening .... will keep all posted

p/s and i could not be happier for that pancake zoom ....... lolzz now if they could make it a constant 2.8 or 3.5 ....
    Last edited by ed9119; 14th December 2011 at 10:15 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Dont be so sure, i have already received an official reply from Shun Hing (Panasonic HK) with regards to the worldwide warranty. I am now forwarding the contents of the email to our local Panasonic Singapore representative here.

Quote Originally Posted by pluginbaby View Post
    If i'm not mistaken, there isn't international warranty for Panasonic products bought in HK or China. Rather, it's a local warranty only applicable to the afore mentioned places.

Not a bad price tho!

Quote Originally Posted by sys12345 View Post
    Dont be so sure, i have already received an official reply from Shun Hing (Panasonic HK) with regards to the worldwide warranty. I am now forwarding the contents of the email to our local Panasonic Singapore representative here.
    It would indeed be awesome if Panasonic grey import models do carry an international warranty too. Please keep us posted!

I'm not referring to grey imports (relative to HK). I'm referring to Panasonic equipment purchased from AUTHORISED PANASONIC DEALERS in HONG KONG.

Quote Originally Posted by pluginbaby View Post
    It would indeed be awesome if Panasonic grey import models do carry an international warranty too. Please keep us posted!

Blog Entries

the word is it will be out in limited quantities this weekend, gentlemen warm up your credit cards

the word is it will be out in limited quantities this weekend, gentlemen warm up your credit cards
    Got insider info which shops?

ermm...no need to hurry....just like iphone 4S, got it at the end of 2nd week of launch at Singtel parkway parade...1-2 pple in Q, 15 min settled... ie...wait for early adopters got thru the problems and shortcomings and get it when dust settle....

Can't wait to see those pictures... thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    actually i just returned from a 3 week trip in Shanghai, Xi'an and Beijing with the editorial review set of this camera

at first i wasn't too hot about that grip but after just a couple of days, it served its ergonomic purpose especially when shooting one-handed in cold weather .... certainly feels alot safer in the hand

btw I'll be posting sample hands-on images with this cam this evening .... will keep all posted

p/s and i could not be happier for that pancake zoom ....... lolzz now if they could make it a constant 2.8 or 3.5 ....

Blog Entries

I have just started a thread (link below) with photos shot with the GX-1 with an editorial review set (same as what the stores will be selling)

Will be adding more and more images throughout the day

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/land-...ml#post7620317

Last edited by ed9119; 15th December 2011 at 11:37 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Hi, I am all wondering.
    The coming March IT Show at Suntec. Will there a panasonic booth for camera?

Hoping for a great offer.
    But after doing a search. Some respond that the IT show. Comex, etc, there no panasonic booth. Panny pay less attention to these event. Moreover, some bro mentioned that these event,the promotion is not worth it.
    Gift of no use or rather cheap stuff.

Like to check, is it true?
    Should I wait for IT?

Or just get the Lumix at hm/Cathay etc? Btw getting the gx1.

The big guns. Canon,epson samsung, usual
    But no see Lumix booth, if I remember correctly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Newtoilet View Post
    Hi, I am all wondering.
    The coming March IT Show at Suntec. Will there a panasonic booth for camera?

Hoping for a great offer.
    But after doing a search. Some respond that the IT show. Comex, etc, there no panasonic booth. Panny pay less attention to these event. Moreover, some bro mentioned that these event,the promotion is not worth it.
    Gift of no use or rather cheap stuff.

Like to check, is it true?
    Should I wait for IT?

Or just get the Lumix at hm/Cathay etc? Btw getting the gx1.

The big guns. Canon,epson samsung, usual
    But no see Lumix booth, if I remember correctly...
    going by historical events, panasonic does not participate in these shows
    but i do believe that they have had promotions running at the same time but at the shops,
    i will post about it when i have information.

going by historical events, panasonic does not participate in these shows
    but i do believe that they have had promotions running at the same time but at the shops,
    i will post about it when i have information.

Ortega... WoooW... Thanks... Million thanks....

So I okay...
    Visited past IT Show, comex etc.. Panasonic,namely Lumix never really caught me attention.
    I warming up my cards already.... hahaha

Please PM me...Ooooo... cant wait to get started... finger itchy......
    Last edited by Newtoilet; 6th February 2012 at 11:59 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345