Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: 7 levels of photographers

  1. #1

    Default 7 levels of photographers

    I don't know how many of you guys may have read this but i just came across it recently. For the benefit of those of you who haven't, it's quite an amusing read

    http://kenrockwell.com/tech/7.htm
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore & Hong Kong
    Posts
    903

    Default

    Well said and represented.....

    would be even more (or not so) funny if we can attach CS Forumer's name to this 7 levels...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default

    nice website!

  4. #4
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default

    some times reading his review.... it realli makes my blood boil.... like that any how categorise photographers...

    photographers are photographers, why bother to even rank them... he refers them as jokes.. i refer them as insults...

    i think his empty talk on the D2x also makes him the "measurebator"

    i think we shouldnt support his works anymore, it will only make him speak with more tongue-lashing comments....

    to me.. his works are total fakology... crap

    my 2 cents.. u can ignore wad i said.. but its my feeling 2wards this particular socalled joke he is refering.....

  5. #5

    Default

    This guy ( Ken ... ... ) seem to talk crap.

    What's the difference between level 3 & 6?

    Where do you guys think he put himself?

  6. #6

    Default

    He openly labels it as satire. It's not meant for you to take seriously.
    may i also mention the new smileys are quite ugly
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

  7. #7

    Default Stoned

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoned
    He openly labels it as satire. It's not meant for you to take seriously.
    may i also mention the new smileys are quite ugly
    Your avatar is quite ugly also.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoned
    may i also mention the new smileys are quite ugly
    OT: Agree! The new smilies sux man! What happen to my favourite cry smilies man!! The current cry looks whimp.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chisiang
    OT: Agree! The new smilies sux man! What happen to my favourite cry smilies man!! The current cry looks whimp.

    too cute for my liking, now my wife thinks i'm some neopets website.

  10. #10

    Default

    So which level is ken rockwell in? Criticising people by saying they have "no soul" is like labelling someone as "no brain". No matter who he is, the "no-brainer" will still have a brain to think about how ignorant the person who criticised him is, and laugh it off.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frcfyp
    So which level is ken rockwell in? Criticising people by saying they have "no soul" is like labelling someone as "no brain". No matter who he is, the "no-brainer" will still have a brain to think about how ignorant the person who criticised him is, and laugh it off.
    ken rockwell is at Level 8, the Guru
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    too cute for my liking, now my wife thinks i'm some neopets website.
    These smileys seem to have "grown in size" as well, looks more like M&Ms now.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r52lanc
    Your avatar is quite ugly also.
    Thats the whole point
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chisiang
    OT: Agree! The new smilies sux man! What happen to my favourite cry smilies man!! The current cry looks whimp.

    also not nice. the older 1 nicer leh...
    not bad la...

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore & Hong Kong
    Posts
    903

    Default

    hahaha

    says that it was written for fun but some took it to be the 7 commandments...... hahahahahah

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Spore
    Posts
    71

    Default

    ok i admit.. i belong to level 5 amateur

  17. #17
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    too cute for my liking, now my wife thinks i'm some neopets website.
    hhaaha.. neopets isnt that bad.. wait till u see gunbound will all those characters inside... lol....

    but neopet is also very bad... very cute though.... =p

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Personally there is only 1 level of photographer...

    Learner.

    Period.

    Anyone who deems himself out of the 'Learner' level is not a photographer. Period.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Personally there is only 1 level of photographer...

    Learner.

    Period.

    Anyone who deems himself out of the 'Learner' level is not a photographer. Period.
    there are 5 levels of photographer...

    awe-inspiring
    good
    mediocre
    bad
    woeful

    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  20. #20
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    ken rockwell is at Level 8, the Guru
    maybe goondooooooo would be better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •