Thread: Newbie needs some help and advice

Default Newbie needs some help and advice

Hi guys. I'm new here at clubsnap!
    I'm also a newbie to photography and I would like I have some advice.

I'm going to get a Nikon d90 as my beginning camera. Is that okay?

And do you guys know any place that sell dslr equipment cheap and worth it? (dslr plus accessories and equipment etc)

Dilemma much.

Thanks!

Default Re: Newbie needs some help and advice

hi n welcome to cs

d90 is a good choice. just a question though, have u done ur research on other cameras from nikon and other brands at the same price range before arriving to a decision of wanting a d90?

as for reputable shops, u can find a list of these shops in the price guides. the contact information for each shop are also available there.
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

Infact...any entry level DSLR would be good enough to kick start your photography. But prior to that.. you should find out more about their function since they do differs alittle. Check out those STICKY threads.

Yes yes, I found the d7000 very attractive at first but it's a pity it's not within my budget.
    I'm looking for a dslr that can last me through my learning journey and at least quite some time before I decide to upgrade (if at all) so I found d90 very suitable

Quote Originally Posted by Fattybeoz View Post
    Yes yes, I found the d7000 very attractive at first but it's a pity it's not within my budget.
    I'm looking for a dslr that can last me through my learning journey and at least quite some time before I decide to upgrade (if at all) so I found d90 very suitable
    okay, but d90 has been discontinued quite some time ago if i'm not wrong. best is to check up these reputable stores if they still have brand new d90 in stock. if not u can get 2nd hand ones from buy and sell section here
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

Omg really?! Okok thanks for the info! help much appreciated.

Please take some time to read the stickies prepared so labourously by some of the members of CS. Unless you are close to all other suggestion and only opened to getting Nikon cameras, then by all means, get the D90, it is a good cam and is going at a very cheap price nowadays if you can find a 1st hand one.

Also please take some time to look at our consumer section, whereby we do have a price guide and a list of reputable shops.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots