Thread: "flakes" in lcd screen

Default "flakes" in lcd screen

Hi all,

Need some advice here. I notice today that there is some "flakes" in my lcd screen, which is about the size of a 20 cent coin. I tried to clean it but it is not possible as its inside the lcd screen. Is this what we commonly call the fungus? My camera is still under warranty therefore will canon clean it for free? If there is cost how much would that be?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evomclaren
    Hi all,

Need some advice here. I notice today that there is some "flakes" in my lcd screen, which is about the size of a 20 cent coin. I tried to clean it but it is not possible as its inside the lcd screen. Is this what we commonly call the fungus? My camera is still under warranty therefore will canon clean it for free? If there is cost how much would that be?

Thanks!
    Fungus are not covered by warranty and neither is water. It is best you bring the camera down to CSC and they can give you an accurate quote.

Default Re: "flakes" in lcd screen

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Fungus are not covered by warranty and neither is water. It is best you bring the camera down to CSC and they can give you an accurate quote.
    Oh darn...my dslr is only 1 year..seems like going to spend some $.

It's quite difficult for fungus to grow under the LCD screen, if it really is fungus, then I suggest u check ur mirror, viewfinder as most likely they would have been affected as well.

Default Re: "flakes" in lcd screen

Perhaps you can load a pic for us to ascertain it.