Thread: Silicon power SD card

Default Silicon power SD card

Anyone heard about Silicon Power SD card before?

Default Re: Silicon power SD card

I seen on pricelist from SLS. But I still trust Sandisk or Kingston coz won't wanna try out something that ended up like Transcend. Buy a piece of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathegg View Post
    I seen on pricelist from SLS. But I still trust Sandisk or Kingston coz won't wanna try out something that ended up like Transcend. Buy a piece of mind.
    is transcend that bad..?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonteoch View Post
    is transcend that bad..?
    Yes it's pretty bad, so far all the card failures I heard from my friends are all transcend.

What I know, silicon power is No. 1 in japan.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Yes it's pretty bad, so far all the card failures I heard from my friends are all transcend.
    Hrm, I bought a Transcend card back in 2006 when I had my K100D... It worked for all of 5 years... I think it was still working when I gave it away.

Perhaps along the way the QC got bad, but I have had a good experience with that card.

can't understand for sure their sd cards, but i have a silicon power class 6 microsd from memory world. i'd say its cheap and does its job.

of course if u can afford jus go for sandisk and the other well known brands.
    D7000/ MB-D11/ SB-700/ Tamron 17-50/ Sirui T1204x

Transcend is ok, no issues so far.

If u don't subject to abuse or extreme temperatures, should be fine

Blog Entries

i still have a couple vintage of pieces of 2GB silicon power CF cards... now relegated to be thumbdrives. still kicking after all these years.

actually, reliability for individual batches is really down to QC. even sandisk and lexar can fail, if you happen to be suay enough to buy the wrong batch.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    i still have a couple vintage of pieces of 2GB silicon power CF cards... now relegated to be thumbdrives. still kicking after all these years.

actually, reliability for individual batches is really down to QC. even sandisk and lexar can fail, if you happen to be suay enough to buy the wrong batch.
    It all boils down to the QC ba.

Some brands have a history of 10,000 sales but only 1 complain about failure while others may have 1 in 100.

Personally I feel that Sandisk being such a well known brand, definitely have their fair share of complains, but if you factor in their sales, the chances that you buy a faulty card is low. E.g. both Sandisk and Transcend has 10 complains each, but Sandisk sold 10,000 cards whereas Transcend sold 1,000. Something along that line.

Very True abt the QC , doesnt really matter abt brands for me as long it works , well some brands have Big $ to spend on the advertisment so it has it fair share on branding , even top brands fails too at time -

i have Silicon , Kingston and sandisk and photofast - each i have bought several cards before , till today it some still alive and kicking , some already died ( including the top brand )
    Last edited by miketan888; 6th November 2011 at 12:05 PM.