Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricoh GR Digital IV

Default Re: Ricoh GR Digital IV

Quote Originally Posted by sanfong View Post
    I have sent my Ricoh GRD III for servicing for the rubber grip had came off partially, and Ricoh GRD IV for customise the grip to wood grain. I will post some pics to show how the look it turns out.

Badly missed my cameras, currently use Ricoh GRD II for everyday shoot.
    I thought you've already done it earlier ... I was tempted by the Cust. Service Engineer to change the grip when she showed me the sample. But I was worried that it'll not be as grippy as it is right now (almost no need for a strap).

This camera keeps on surprising me everytime I carry it around ... just look at the IQ! I didn't recall doing much PP at all.

Last edited by hjbyeo; 17th April 2012 at 11:44 PM.

Hi guys! I'm looking for a camera for street photography and daily usage. Will this be recommendable or should i get a prime lens to attach to my dSLR? I'm afraid that the dSLR body may be too huge and intimidating on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by valenlks View Post
    Hi guys! I'm looking for a camera for street photography and daily usage. Will this be recommendable or should i get a prime lens to attach to my dSLR? I'm afraid that the dSLR body may be too huge and intimidating on the streets.
    I guess you are looking for alternatives beside sticking to dslr. I have suggested a few options for you. Let me know which one u prefer most.

Option 1 - 28mm lens or other lenses
    As you have mentioned, this maybe an option. Using dslr will give yourself away not only it is obvious, it is not quiet too..

Option 2 - Ricoh GXR with 28mm module
    If you want a small body and have a crop dslr's image quality, this will be your option. It has APS-C sensor. The body is almost the same size as Canon G series cameras but GXR can change module or lens (using m mount module) and its sensor is larger than Canon G1X n 4/3.

Option 3 - Ricoh GRD IV
    If you wan a pocketable camera and give impressive image quality, then this is the best option. It is most discreet among that i have suggested. It is not a simple compact, it has pro features and it is easy to handle and to change settings. Great for daily usage.
    Last edited by sanfong; 18th April 2012 at 02:12 PM.

Hey thanks a lot Sanfong! Personally I would prefer the Ricoh GRD IV as it is pocketable as well!

Hey thanks a lot Sanfong! Personally I would prefer the Ricoh GRD IV as it is pocketable as well!
    Valenlks ... There are many others for street. You are in a Ricoh thread, so quite obviously what you've most likely get.

Some compacts I have includes the LX3, x10, and I believe the GRD best them all (in my opinion) by sheer usability.

Hi! I've just bought my GRD IV today. I have a question: Does your GRD IV feel warm after taking about 20 shots without turning off the camera and the LCD? Somehow I feel that it's pretty warm on the hand grip. I never had this problem with my GRD II o_o

Hope you all would let me know whether yours have such problem... if it's just mine then I can go and ask for a change since I just got it today. Thanks all!
    Last edited by miraiyuki; 19th April 2012 at 08:21 PM.
    Light is His, Exposure is mine, Interpretation is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by miraiyuki
    Hi! I've just bought my GRD IV today. I have a question: Does your GRD IV feel warm after taking about 20 shots without turning off the camera and the LCD? Somehow I feel that it's pretty warm on the hand grip. I never had this problem with my GRD II o_o

Hope you all would let me know whether yours have such problem... if it's just mine then I can go and ask for a change since I just got it today. Thanks all!
    Hey! So how's your new Ricoh? I'm still considering whether to get it or not.. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by miraiyuki View Post

I don't notice such an issue with my copy.

Hey! So how's your new Ricoh? I'm still considering whether to get it or not.. Haha
    I love it, it's a great compact camera.
    Last edited by ageha; 20th April 2012 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by miraiyuki View Post

I think is norm, I felt the warmness with my GRD III too.

Yup ... I will be surprised if it's not warm.

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo
    Yup ... I will be surprised if it's not warm.
    Hi, so it's alright to continue to use when it's so warm? I'm just wondering if there's something wrong with the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by sanfong

I think is norm, I felt the warmness with my GRD III too.
    Hi Sanfong, thanks for replying~

Quote Originally Posted by valenlks

Hi hi! I love GRD, so it's a good everyday camera to complement my iPhone.

It has a magnesium body so you can feel the heat easily compared to plastic bodies

If you ask me, this is the perfect Travel compact camera.

Central, Pana.

Quote Originally Posted by sanfong
    I have sent my Ricoh GRD III for servicing for the rubber grip had came off partially, and Ricoh GRD IV for customise the grip to wood grain. I will post some pics to show how the look it turns out.

Badly missed my cameras, currently use Ricoh GRD II for everyday shoot.
    I have just collected my Ricoh GRD IV with great disappointment... Its been a month and they can't get the back piece of the wood grain grip.

I have just collected my Ricoh GRD IV with great disappointment... Its been a month and they can't get the back piece of the wood grain grip.
    Do you mean your GRDIV was a month with Ricoh and they didn't do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by ageha

Do you mean your GRDIV was a month with Ricoh and they didn't do anything?
    I don't know how they followed up but having me waiting and make me called personally for several times to to find out the status is totally unproffessional. It really pissed me off.

I don't know how they followed up but having me waiting and make me called personally for several times to to find out the status is totally unproffessional. It really pissed me off.
    Is it because of stock issue here in SG? Some how, I find when it comes to customization (not counting RAM upgrade for laptops :-)), we do poorly here in SG. Standard products not a problem. If the wood grain grip can be fixed by users like the lens ring, can just get it online and do it ourselves.

Decided to let go of GXR and use only the GRD IV for all my photography needs. Less is more.

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast