Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricoh GR Digital IV

Default Re: Ricoh GR Digital IV

Quote Originally Posted by sanfong View Post
    I guess its prime lens and they call it GR lens. There is a reason they call it. Ricoh has GR lens for GXR unit too.
    Quite possibly so ... Man, I'm so having a blast with this camera! Even more so than the bigger brother GXR's 28mm!
    Last edited by hjbyeo; 12th March 2012 at 11:49 PM.

An interesting read up on Ricoh GRD III.

This photographer used to own SLR and he sold everything eventually and bought Ricoh GR1. He wants to back to the basic purpose on photography. Sometimes we do get so attracted and marvel on latest equipment and forgot to go out and take photo. How many people can say camera is just a tool? It is your photos matters. Let us not forget being a true photographer and not an gadget collector.

My final Ricoh GR Digital III impressions Wouter Brandsma 荷蘭

An interesting read up on Ricoh GRD III.

This photographer used to own SLR and he sold everything eventually and bought Ricoh GR1. He wanted to go back to the basic purpose on photography. Sometimes we do get so attracted and marvel on latest equipment and forgot to go out and take photo. How many people can say camera is just a tool? It is your photos matters. Let us not forget being a true photographer and not an gadget collector.

My final Ricoh GR Digital III impressions Wouter Brandsma ˜
    Last edited by sanfong; 13th March 2012 at 04:10 PM.

I'm new to Ricoh got my GRD 3 today, there seems to be a problem with the screen, I turn it one, for a minute, the screen is normal then the next minute it becomes blurry and purple. Anyone else got this problem or the LCD is faulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzan24 View Post
    I'm new to Ricoh got my GRD 3 today, there seems to be a problem with the screen, I turn it one, for a minute, the screen is normal then the next minute it becomes blurry and purple. Anyone else got this problem or the LCD is faulty?
    I'm not familiar with this problem but it sounds like a fault unfortunately.

such a bummer, this is how it looks like

[IMG]http://b304.photo.store.qq.com/psb?/836ece6f-6d0a-4fbe-9d9f-226e2c41522d/8P3*oLEPbDrH3leJLi*7AXkLWVoRxGWKLGYhm64Hjmo!/b/Ydl0PbWXSgAAYlNZN7VVSQAA[/IMG]
    After I let the camera cool off and turn it back on, the screen seems to be normal, but it doesnt last long.

such a bummer, this is how it looks like

[IMG]http://b304.photo.store.qq.com/psb?/836ece6f-6d0a-4fbe-9d9f-226e2c41522d/8P3*oLEPbDrH3leJLi*7AXkLWVoRxGWKLGYhm64Hjmo!/b/Ydl0PbWXSgAAYlNZN7VVSQAA[/IMG]
    After I let the camera cool off and turn it back on, the screen seems to be normal, but it doesnt last long.
    Looks like a solar panel. Damn, I guess you have to get it repaired.

looks horrible, i bought it off as second hand, really hoping its just a minor problem that will go away but oh well

looks horrible, i bought it off as second hand, really hoping its just a minor problem that will go away but oh well
    You just got the cam like that from the seller? Have you tried to contact the seller?

yup, the seller is willing to take it back any ideas where I can get a mint condition GRD 3? Most offers on the forum have been sold out

yup, the seller is willing to take it back any ideas where I can get a mint condition GRD 3? Most offers on the forum have been sold out
    No idea mate, I just got myself a GRD IV a few weeks ago. Well, eBay is always an option.

Nice that the seller willing to refund you. There will be GRD3 seller just need to keep monitor the classified.

Hmm.. You reminded me for my GRD III (first hand) went blank and shut off in while I'm shooting. It went back to normal after on and off. This problem does not occur very frequent, I have encountered twice in past 8 months. Unsure whether is it faulty or some where went wrong with the way I use it.

Keep hunting while saving more and maybe can get GRD IV instead.

Photos taken by Ricoh GRD IV (white) at iLight Marina Bay. All shot with multi exposure function and handheld.

Last edited by sanfong; 29th March 2012 at 09:58 AM.

Ricoh just released another firmware update (v2.11) for GRD IV to address bugs and performance issue. No new functions added.

Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Ricoh just released another firmware update (v2.11) for GRD IV to address bugs and performance issue. No new functions added.
    Cool, anybody tested it so far?
    http://www.ricoh.com/r_dc/download/firmware/grd4/
    Last edited by ageha; 29th March 2012 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Weird.. none can I find in Ricoh Global nor the links I follow here Ricoh Forum • View topic - New GRDII firmware 2.11 released!. They might have removed it..

Quote Originally Posted by sanfong View Post
    Weird.. none can I find in Ricoh Global nor the links I follow here Ricoh Forum • View topic - New GRDII firmware 2.11 released!. They might have removed it..
    Nope. It is right here

Thanks Randius!

Thanks for sharing more of what the multi-exposure could be use for, San Fong.

The window opening was so small, I reckon only compacts can be used to shoot ... A little misty outside Resort Hotel.

I have sent my Ricoh GRD III for servicing for the rubber grip had came off partially, and Ricoh GRD IV for customise the grip to wood grain. I will post some pics to show how the look it turns out.

Badly missed my cameras, currently use Ricoh GRD II for everyday shoot.

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast